Monday 17 December 2018

Popping In

Quite literally as it happens
December...you came and I hardly even noticed you
Now you are racing along and I am beginning to panic
I’m not ready
The house is not ready
Five days vanished in a haze of feeling and being quite yuck
Enough details I assure you
Now my wobbly legs have returned to work
It’s Coming!
But for me it is not yet here
Not the tree or tinsel
Or the feeling
I will begin to feel a stirring 
On the Solstice Day
Then a couple of days later
On Sunday
We will put up our festive tree
This I usually like to do on the Solstice Day itself 
However Sonshine will be home to help on Sunday
And so I will wait
Some preparation has taken place
Like the lbs of pastry
Made and placed in the freezer
Along with biscuit dough
Two rich fruit cakes
Are wrapped in readiness for their fine outfits
Of marzipan and icing
It will come
It will happen
We will celebrate 
Just as we always do

Blessings J. x




4 comments:

  1. It will happen, Jackie. I hope all is well with you and yours and I wish you all a blessed and peaceful Solstice. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules...we have been, and continue to be a mixed bag, each with our own ailments and have tried very hard not to share with each other! Hopefully we have got all the yuckiness out of the way before the celebrating begins. I am looking forward to the Solstice very much. Take care of yourself. Xx

      Delete
  2. We put our tree up on the Solstice Day. It feels like the right day to do it and my daughter came home for Christmas the day before so it worked out really well. We drank mulled wine and shared a mince pie. I hope you're feeling better now and can enjoy the Sonshine and the tree tomorrow. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...the Solstice is my favoured day too...but we put it up yesterday...naked branches...then decorated today...just cakes to decorate tomorrow and gifts to wrap...before working in the afternoon...nothing like cutting it fine! x

      Delete