Thursday 16 June 2022

Should Be

Right now I suppose I really should be inside painting…the finishing touches to the dining room…or the bathroom…or the landing…however it is rather warm…the paint keeps drying on my brush, and so I have escaped to the patio with a tray of tea and goodies. Our garden has developed into a sea of frothy sweetly scented blooms and though I have been on two weeks holiday it seems I’ve spent very little time relaxing out here. Last Thursday we headed up to Staffordshire to visit Sonshine and his intended for a long weekend. 

Several batches of elderflower cordial have been made, and some tentative steps in the sorting out and tidying up department have begun. The makings of a sewing room are taking shape. I was searching for a sewing table and what a price they can be...then I found an almost ideal table for our kitchen. Larger than the one we had which is rather too small for the space. A brainwave came over me...our kitchen table would make an ideal sewing table. So now we have it...it needs stripping back. The top feels really sticky from the old lacquer or lots of polish, but it fits three chairs down each side, negating the need for one on each end. The top is flat unlike the warped smaller table which spent a short time in our greenhouse a few years ago. And the mega bonus...it came with eight beech chairs. They have gone upstairs for various uses and will be much appreciated when we have extra guests...when everything is painted and tidied up!


Tea tray for one




The table in situ




Mothers Rose, which in turn was her Mothers...can't identify it by my plant app...it's probably a very old variety




And happily flowering well



As is the elderflower tree/bush




And we have these...and are making the most of their short season


Back soon,

Blessings, J. x

6 comments:

  1. Love your new table, sounds like loads of family time in your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...hopefully yes...we do use the dining table for main meals...but at other times it's the good old kitchen. x

      Delete
  2. Your table has good sturdy legs! and the strawberries look delicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rather a cart-horse of a table rather than a thoroughbred! The strawberries are indeed very lovely, which reminds me I should really head on up to the fruit cage and begin picking them again. x

      Delete
  3. Second attempt :) I don't blame you for enjoying the sunshine while it lasts. This may be our summer! Love the new kitchen table. I can see you making many precious family memories sat around it over the coming years . Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today has been glorious too...long may it continue! x

      Delete