Wednesday 24 April 2024

Fast Is April Passing

Well dear reader, I know we still have some days left in the month of April, but I'm not really sure how we have made it to this date already.

Most of our daffodils have passed, and even the tulips are beginning to hang their petaled heads.

We have just had a lovely weekend almost full of sunshine, though with a wind which definitely had chips of ice in her fingers.

We are still glad to light the woodturner in the evenings. It's such a welcome comfort. After a busy day of work it's bliss to raise ones feet and wiggle toes in front of the warm glow.

Today I have tasked myself with making chicken stock from a couple of fowl cooked at the weekend for curry when we had several visitors.

A quiche is in the Aga...after work yesterday evening I spied the parsley looking rather lovely and full of vitamins. Needless to say hubby was pleased with my decision to make some pastry in readiness for today.

Eldest daughter is still travelling, with two weeks to her due date she is finding doing much rather awkward, however earlier I heard her mention window cleaning!

Today the weather appears to be very much a mixed bag...earlier it was glorious, then just as my first load of bedding finished washing it began to drizzle. I do still allow myself to use the tumble dryer for bedding so popped it in. The drizzle passed until just now when I hung out some boiler suits. I'm afraid they will just have to take their chance on the line.

Having purchased a dress for our sons forthcoming wedding I have been trying to lose a few pounds in order to feel more comfortable and able to eat at the event! You know the thing...the dress will do up...just...despite eating salads most days my weight has stayed resolutely the same. I do feel as though I may be carrying some excess water. My rings are giving me the clue, and my pelvis has been painful. Good old inflammation and hyper mobility.

Later I really need a bookwork session. Don't want to be getting too far behind with it. The old saying it's easier to keep up than catch up is very true.




One rather insignificant and totally unedited photo of some rose hips I pruned at the weekend, and a few narcissus rescued from one of our front of cottage tubs.

Until next time,

Blessings, J. x



10 comments:

  1. So cold here in Suffolk today and wet - I can't get warm.
    Hope your quiche is good. I'm on my 3rd day of 4 eating quiche with filling of cheese, spinach, carrot and onion - bit tasteless despite ample pepper and cheeses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the slight drizzle it has been dry but with a biting wind.

      Delete
  2. It's cold here along the south coast, the wind is not giving up! I do love your simple arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...Nestled away from the wind earlier it was lovely. In the wind it is not!

      Delete
  3. Please enlighten me across the pond. What is a boiler suit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outer protective wear for men who do manual things...think dirt and oil!

      Delete
  4. That all sounds wonderfully cosy.
    I do miss warming my back on the Rayburn - I still find myself automatically turning my back to the gas/electric range only to find that it is cold and unwelcoming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand that Elaine…hoping very much I never have to leave our Aga.

      Delete
  5. It is forecast to warm up this week. We may finally experience spring! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe not...I have just turned the Aga off!! x

      Delete