Thursday, 9 July 2026

The Ironing Pile

Yes, I’ve found something in my life more neglected than this little space!

It sits upon the worktop and stares menacingly at me each time I enter the kitchen. Don’t get me wrong, I do iron regularly, but the bottom of that pile is getting rather past it’s sell by date, perhaps I’ll turn it upside down soon and maybe feel much better about it!

I have however managed to have a good sort out of the pantry cupboard, which incidentally used to be a wardrobe. Having purchased a couple of stick down pull out drawer inserts life has been transformed. Who knew you could lose 4 bags of icing sugar in a cupboard…no, me neither, but it has obviously been entirely possible because I am the proud owner of 5!

Last two top shelves to go…a job for the coming weekend…such a treat.

Anyway who wants to be inside ironing or pantry sorting when the weather is at its glorious best. I spend quite enough time indoors working so every opportunity to be out when home I’m going to grab with both hands.

The garden, well, nature’s good right, I am rather relaxed about the whole thing, hubby would prefer rows and regimented, but I like the floppy about almost overgrown look.










And so from a triplet Dahlia to some rather flattened wild flowers, and a Clematis having far too much fun, some of the garden at the moment, not perfect by a long shot, but home.

Blessings, J. x

4 comments:

  1. Your garden is very colourful and pretty, what is it with men, my hubby plants flowers in straight rows in his front garden, my back garden is like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was more used to planting in fields so that’s where his trouble lies!

      Delete
  2. Your garden is looking beautiful, Jackie. My own pile of ironing is looking rather impressive, but the weather is too hot for me to do anything about it. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules…far too hot for ironing, I agree! X

      Delete