Friday 22 February 2019

Plodding Along

Goodness where is this year going to in such a hurry
January...didn’t you used to linger
February...whoa...when I last looked you were so young
And now we are rapidly heading towards March
Much as I am longing for Spring 
Life does seem to be racing by at an alarming rate 
~
I am nearly finished with my assessing job
It will be bittersweet 
Some days it has been lovely to travel the county
However at others not so much
The same applies to the students!
I am hoping a week off will set me right
Give me a chance to get the cottage looking loved
The bathroom needs particular attention 
As in completely sorting out
It just doesn’t work for us at the moment
Wrong bath...wrong taps in middle of bath
Toilet in wrong position...tiles in weird places
Wrong colour paint...mould issue and no vent
Seriously not good!
~
Although at the moment we seem to be having some warm days
There is a cutting wind if you get out of the sun and nights are cold
I really wonder if Winter will leave us with a sting in it’s tail
Who knows...we shall just have to wait and see
A new moon and all could change
~
Sadly I haven’t had much time to bake lately
Don’t get me wrong...for I have cooked aplenty 
But not the leisurely bake
The what do we fancy
Maybe I’ll try that sort of baking
The tins full of treats, fresh from the Aga
The Mum I’m on my way
As soon as I mention something in particular 
Has just entered the oven
My life in the kitchen has been more
Oh my goodness the dishes
For without the dishwasher there is but one way
To clear the debris...not that I mind
It’s just been kind of hectic 
Working the two jobs still
And trying to maintain a home
Not for much longer though
Then there will be no excuse 
For cluttered counters
And a folder strewn table
~
I will leave you now
Or I know this will not get posted
Blessings J. x




6 comments:

  1. I can't believe how quickly the year is rushing by either Jackie and the weather does seem to be warming up a little every day. Evenings though are still chilly enough for snuggling under a blanket and taking a hot water bottle to bed.
    The wrong bathroom isn't nice is it? You just can't relax in a room that rubs you up the wrong way. Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sheila...no the darn bathroom is not a place to relax at all! Last 2 months assessing pay should go a long way to fixing it hopefully. Huggies xx

      Delete
  2. It's good to hear from you Jackie and, yes, the year does seem to be going quickly.
    Having looked at our local forecast, I'd be very surprised if we were to receive much more in the way of winter weather, although that wouldn't be a bad thing now that the lambs are appearing in the fields.
    Best of luck with your bathroom renovations and I hope you find your days become easier once you finish your job. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules...I feel like I’m on the home straight now...one week to go and the a holiday...hope things are fine and dandy up North. xx

      Delete
  3. Not long to go now, hang on in there. A good bathroom makes such a difference, I think, it soothes the soul and makes the day start well. We renovated ours eleven years ago and it still works well for us and I've never regretted my choices, it still makes me smile when I go in there. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait...the thought of a nice hot bubble filled bath is keeping me going! x

      Delete