Thursday 20 June 2019

Catchy Weather

I know, I know...the weather...either too hot, too cold, too windy, too wet or too dry...never satisfied are we, or so it seems. However, having looked at our forecast last evening I was satisfied that it would be a wonderful idea to allow the near dried washing to hang out overnight and finish drying when the sun came up. I awoke to puddles on the patio. Thankfully everything seems to have held tight to the line in the brisk breeze that is blowing through our garden. She says through gritted teeth!
~
I needed to bake a cake for hubby's packed lunches today, and am working later so bravely mixed a basic sponge and added some cinnamon and a chopped apple...not that brave I hear you cry...no, however then I did a mercy dash to Lidl in town leaving my baby sponge in the simmering oven. Luckily the shop wasn't overly busy and I certainly did not browse as I pushed around my trolley. No dithering permitted. I was done and out of there in a trice, then back home...cake needed another 12 minutes too!
~
The aforementioned cake is smelling rather lovely, so I may indeed partake of a small slice at lunchtime. Before that though I'm venturing up the garden to give the washing line a good rattling off before adding our large bed sheet to it's load. Hopefully this brighter interlude that is over us now will last and I will be picking in beautifully air dried laundry this evening...as opposed to scooping up sodden muddy laundry from the overgrown grass.
~
Blessings J. x

4 comments:

  1. There's washing on the line here too! It's sunny and breezy, great for drying the bedding.
    You were brave leaving the cake, although your judgement paid off and it does sound delicious. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I struck lucky...on both counts actually. The sheet was just mildly damp...nothing a spot of basking above the Aga won't fix...and if hubby doesn't hurry up and come home the cake could be getting a lot smaller! x

      Delete
  2. Hope it has stayed dry for you, heaving it down here in Dorset, just a little warmth now please for the beans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I think we had a sharp shower as I drove to work, but apart from that la de da...sheet is fine! Yes the beans...those yellow looking specimens in the veg plot...yep a good dose of sunshine would see them right I reckon! x

      Delete