Friday 15 November 2019

Setbacks

Oh the last week has been awful
Though daughter is taking it in her stride
I fear I am not coping so well...
So last Friday dawned
The day when the buyer at the top of the chain
Should have come into some money via a bequest
Making her a valuable cash buyer,
Alas her brother is contesting the will
So 3 houses are now back on the market.
Thankfully next door is waiting a couple of weeks
In the hope that the chain can mend itself.
Today though one of those weeks is up
And the weather has been truly awful
Making house buying not a favourable activity.
We obviously don't know about the other 2 houses
I suppose even if next door goes back on the market
She still needs another buyer also
And one that will offer the asking price
Which realistically is rather high.
~
Anyway
My other news is that we are going to build an extension
To the rear of our property,
Though right now I don't want to even think about it
As daughter and son in law would do a mirroring one next door
If they get it.
If not our plans may well change slightly.
If anyone wanted to extend next door 
They would need to move the drains
And they currently go right past our kitchen window.
Some of my patio garden will have to go.
Not sure we would want to do this for just anyone
If you know what I mean
So hopefully that would put people off
In the nicest possible way of course.
~
I had rather an unfortunate accident yesterday morning
Tripping over whilst carrying a scalding hot cup of tea.
Unfortunately I couldn't get my cardigan off very quickly
Due to how I fell
And even worse I had on quite a tight sleeved top.
Lets just say ouch and mourn a lost shift of paid work.
Today I've managed to get the groceries and do some laundry.
It truly feels as though my heart is made of lead though.
I think over the years we had our dreams quashed so many times
I can't bear to see it happening to our children.
~
I made a half hearted attempt in Lidl to get some festive vibes,
But apart from picking up a few nice looking tins of shortbread
Nah, zilch...I feel as flat as a pancake.
If everything works out in the end I know I shall kick myself
For wasting this time
But it's easier said than done
To get motivated
When brain and energy levels are set to zero.
~
I do hope luck is shining on all of you though,
Until next time,
Blessings, J. x


8 comments:

  1. Oh no.....that is dreadful news for you all.
    I will be thinking of you and hoping for everything to turn out right in the end.

    Ouch....to the burn. I hope it heals soon for you.

    I've got going on Christmas but I can't say I'm feeling 100% festive particularly now with DS's situation.
    Still we will all muddle through I expect.
    Big Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila, I do hope it will for your family also. The burn is healing...just the deepest bits that have blistered left now. Amazing how much of the redness disappears quite quickly. Will be wrapping it up well before my early shift tomorrow though. xx

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear your troubles. Hope things are soon looking better for you and yours. Love and prayers x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...in the grand scheme of things I know that our troubles are not really that great, however when such things strive to hurt your nearest and dearest it can be unbearable. x

      Delete
  3. Sending huge hugs for a positive outcome. These things do have a way of working out though, so hang in there.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yarrow...oh how I do so hope you are right. It's the waiting bit that really gets to me! xx

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry to read this, Jackie. Fingers crossed it can be resolved and the situation can get back on track. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is proving to be quite the trial Jules. x

    ReplyDelete