Thursday 30 April 2020

And So On...

So here we still are...firmly in lockdown...
My heart is growing cold for all the Covid19 talk and restrictions...
Work has to continue...
Shopping can continue...
But family life....sadly not so.
It hasn't helped that our internet has been very poor...
I am currently awaiting an engineer to phone me back...
Without the power of wi fi calling I am not hopeful of him getting through...
I am a much more spiritual person than religious...
However I am silently praying that Boris will begin to relax the lockdown so that we can see small numbers of our family soon...
I am really worried about what effect this is having on young Henry...
He has been found by his parents in the middle of the night wedged under his bed...
He used to sleep soundly throughout the night.
He also has developed eczma...I've not known him to suffer previously.
Oscar I am less concerned about...
But Henry...

~

Our weather has turned...as was inevitable...
I cannot recall such a lovely April...
Or maybe I can...and it was then followed by a non Summer!
We are going to need some Summer this year for sure.
Housework has almost become my salvation.
A routine of sorts...
Washing...and more washing...
But familiarity non the less.
I have managed to obtain some bread flour...
Not my usual but lovely all the same...
Yesterday I almost burnt a sponge...
Good thing hubby likes things 'well done'...

~

My creativity is about set to zero at the moment...
I have no drive or enthusiasm for anything...
I know I must go to work later...and when I get there I know it will be alright...
But I can feel my spark leaving me...
Little by little each day...
Flames need oxygen to continue burning...
And my heart needs family time...

~

Walks with Heidi have been short this week...
She literally wants to cross the road...pee on the grass, then head for home again.
My walks have thus been reduced also.
Rain doesn't necessarily stop me, but we have had a biting wind.
I love the look of a stormy sky at this time of year...
But prefer to gaze at it through a window!
The woodburner has come into its own again these past few days...
I find it a great source of comfort.

~

Don't get me wrong...
I know we're all in this together...
But it is hard...
And I am finding it hard having to be physically close to so many people...
Just none of my family.

 ~

Soon I keep telling myself...
Soon we shall reunite...
I may even wish to retreat for some alone time...
But right now all I want is a sticky fingered...possibly snotty cuddle from a toddler...
How many things will no longer be important I wonder when all this is over...
How many shops will stay shut forever... 
How many people will have become conditioned to live like hermits...
Will I appreciate our local beaches more...
Will I order as many takeaways as before...
Questions questions which only time will tell...

~

Go on...make a wish...



I have just wished that the internet will allow me to upload this post!

Blessings, J. x

4 comments:

  1. If wishes were as easy as blowing on a dandelion clock, then Lily would be very blessed indeed this week.
    It has turned very chilly all of a sudden and it feels such a shock, having been used to the sunshine and gentle breeze. I used the last of my plain flour to make scones but I still have a little of the self raising left, although my house is filled with a delicious chocolatey aroma, having made brownies from a packet mix I bought in case of a baking emergency :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless her...I remember doing just that as a child...perhaps I shall have to relive some childhood delights once more...and brownies...heaven! x

      Delete
  2. Missing the grandchildren is the worst thing of all. It hurts.

    ReplyDelete