Monday 29 June 2020

Home

Lately being home has taken on rather a new meaning...being home can conjure up feelings of comfort...lazy Summer days...reading a book in the shade...listening to the turning of the water wheel...alfresco dining...carefree days...
This year though being home for some has become more of a sentence...I love my home...I am very lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the World...access to private woodland just down the lane...but for those who couldn't or daren't leave home to do regular chores it must have been a nightmare...
I had to venture forth from the very beginning...to work and feed my family...I am rather glad I needed to as I wonder how my mindset would be feeling if I had spent weeks locked in behind the front boundary of our property...
But anyway...time has marched on in its usual way...the nights are now officially drawing in though I hope it is a few weeks before we really notice a difference...
Tonight I am ensconsed on our sofa with a hot water bottle because it is just a little on the chilly side of comfortable...I love hot water bottles...a comfort thing I suppose...memories from childhood...oh the wonderful smell of slightly perished rubber!
Ok so now I am on the 'strange woman' list...actually I have probably always hovered around any such list and quite frankly do not care...what is a life if you cannot have your idiosyncrasies!
~
So what's been happening around here then...well what seems to me like a ton of baking...all of which miracuously disappears with alarming regularity...
The move of the century has not yet taken place...I still await with baited breath...
Heidi is currently holding her own...thanks to some new tablets...she is eating into my budget in a big way at the moment...can I begrudge this money being spent...have you looked into those big brown eyes?!
Summer appears to have come in April and left again in May...the exception being last Thursday...painfully hot and stuffy...and yes I had to work in a mask...Friday saw me moping around with one incredibly thumping headache...no wine required...
The temptation to hop on up to the pub on Saturday has been removed by a well timed work shift...actually I don't think we would have ventured up there on re-opening night...far too many folks coming out of the woodwork and all that... 
Plans are being scribbled into books...numbers being totted up and shock and horror being expressed at just how expensive a largely self build extension might cost should we do it...I pretend that I don't hanker after a dishwasher with two drawers, and a separate larder fridge and freezer...our current fridge is just too darn small...or even a cast iron roll-top bath...ridiculous to want one of those...except I do want one...I really do...then add the comfort height toilet...great for occurrences of the dreaded 'bad back'. Ok so this may take some time...planning, foundations, walls, a roof and openings will come first...and even that cost is making my eyes water...
~
Has it just been me or has anyone else been a little 'off' blogging lately...I haven't even been religiously reading the blogs I usually do...I suppose like in everything else interest and time wax and wane...to force a post would be futile...If I were more organised I would have a plethera of photos of frothy June blooms in the garden...a cute photo of Heidi...and a plateful of fresh fairy cakes on a beautiful plate...only I spent all day at work, then came home and cooked tea and washed dishes...in truth I am knackered and can't wait for bed-time to come...guilt and an annoyance with myself are pushing me to get writing again...
Why won't the words come when I demand them to...it's not as if nothing has happened...the truth is that until the move is signed and sealed I am keeping a lot of my emotions tight to my chest...fear of getting carried away and too joyous could somehow jinx things and I so want it to happen...
And so my dears for now I bid you adieu...
Blessings J. x
 


4 comments:

  1. I don't think it is just you who feels a little "off" blogging, I have written a post today for the first time in almost five months, and I haven't been reading them, either. It's been a very peculiar time. Please get writing again because I love to read it when you do. It was 34 degrees here last Thursday. I nearly melted. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cue a blushing Jackie...thank you for your kind words...it’s a bit like being stuck in a time warp...Looking forward to an afternoon cuppa and reading your post then! x

      Delete
  2. It's always good to see a post from you as you write so well about all that's happening in your bit of the world.
    I hope the move for your family will go ahead as things get back to normal so you can relax on that front.
    Re a roll top bath - there was one here when we moved in. It took so much water and time to fill - I never bothered (there was a separate shower!). Got rid of it as soon as poss - it stood like a bright red elephant in the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Sue...there was one here as well...back when we were moving on and youngest and her partner were doing up the place and modernised everything...read beige and cream...mostly cream...apart from bright red in their bedroom...so a roll top it shall be...though probably not for a while...cast iron to retain heat and don’t tell anybody else but it’s a lot easier to shave my legs in the bath! x

      Delete