Thursday 23 July 2020

Early Mornings

So the latest here at Little Winter...
We have been joined by eldest daughter, son in law,
Small Boy and Pipkin...
Also grand dog, and pussykins...
It is a bit of a squeeze however we are just about coping...
Why do small children get up so early...
As in five am?
There is a reason nature doesn't give older women children I realise...
Yawn!
~
Their house sale went through and they are waiting for the lady next door to finalise her purchase...
It is progressing but slowly...
In the meantime Son in law is building a chicken coup and run...
We do not have a lot of patio space left...
I'm unsure how they intend to get it next door...
Maybe over the hedge?
The next chicken sale at the market is August 1st...
September doesn't have one so they are buying early for Small Boys Birthday...
~
My shoulders have turned to semi-rock...
There was a real panic here on Tuesday when we realised that the Sale Agreed sign had gone from next door...
It had also vanished off the internet...
Completely...
Que lots of phoning and an agonising wait...
However it appears that as she knows they're here she doesn't want any more marketing...
We kind of guessed this but it was a bit scary...
~
Everyone in this household has a healthy appetitie...
I have been baking a sponge every other day...
Also a batch of rolls...
 It's not all work though...
I have found time to enjoy a quiet cup of tea and slice of cake under our new pergola...



 I have purchased some fresh paint for this table and chairs...
Just need some time and energy to get it done...
When I'm not making cakes such as this!


Blessings J. x

6 comments:

  1. That's a magnificent cake. We were eating the chocolate cake I made for my Mum's birthday yesterday....I had sprinkled the top with crushed Crunchies....except I'd eaten the first one and had to go back and buy another one! Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake is cake is cake! One topped with crushed crunchies does sound rathe decadent though! x

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! That cake looks amazing. I hope you are managing to find some time for yourself amongst the chaos. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put it this way Jules...when the sun is shining I am grateful that we have a long garden that I can escape into if the need arises! The cake is just a bung it all in together with a little baking powder effort...x

      Delete
  3. I do hope they can move soon. Having family around is lovely but can be tiring for grandmothers of a certain age! Please can I come and sit with you under your lovely pergola and eat your delicious cake? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs. Tiggywinkle...of course you may come and share cake with me...however I suggest holding off for a short time until the tribe have vacated...it was a particularly noisy early start here today! x

      Delete