Tuesday 7 July 2020

Happy Birthday Heidi


There has been many a time that I really didn't think that Heidi would make this day...
But thankfully she has...
I really hope she's up for a woodland walk later on...


Here she is just the other day sporting some greenery she had 'picked up' along the way!
Keep taking those tablets Heidi :)
~
So for the rest of the day...
The dreaded shopping...sigh...
Hopefully it won't be as arduous as last week...
Well not exactly arduous as much as tedious...
I am hopeful of getting laundry dry on the line today...
Lovely crisp towels anyone?!!
And I'm such a good planner that I don't yet even know what I'm getting us for tea...
How's that for mega disorganised...
I'm blaming it on the impending move of daughter and her family that is keeping me on high alert...
And so tired...
Sleep in the Summer is not what it is in the Winter for sure...
Now next week I have another weeks holiday...
Don't tell the weather but I am really hoping to get handy in the garden...
Thoughts of a wild flower bed have in reality got out of hand...
Too much grass there also...
So I am slowly covering the area in cardboard and intend to mulch with bark later...
The large shrubs will stay...
But any flimsy bits need to move...
It's true that a garden is never finished...
~
 I have put my name down for a few extra shifts on our work rota to cover the next couple of months...
We could do with a little extra coming in for things we kind of want/need...
Primarily I'm thinking polytunnel fund...
Whether we make one or buy one...
The materials aren't going to come out of thin air...
I have no real idea of the cost...well I do but have no idea if we make it ourselves how low a price we can do it for...
All things steel have gone up in price we've noticed through the business...
I fear this is only the tip of the iceberg and that come Winter our purses are going to be prized open a little further for anything and everything we purchase...
This pandemic and Brexit is really going to bite...lets hope Winter doesn't choose to do so also...
~
Blessings J. x



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Heidi! I hope you both enjoyed your walk. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules...unfortunately the weather turned, and after lots of love and treats Heidi fell sound asleep! x

      Delete