Tuesday 8 September 2020

Would Screaming Help?

 Goodness me...

I feel fit to scream...or at least have a tantrum...

Daughter and her family are still ensconsed at ours...

Moving day was going to be this Friday...

WAS

However last Friday they had a call from their newly unfurloughed solicitor...

Because things have taken so long their searches were about to run out...

Before this Friday...

So she called the bank to ask if they could be covered by an indemnity insurance...

The bank would get back within five working days...

They apparently have this morning, and have requested new searches to be done...

The local council are at the moment taking 27 working days to complete searches...

Next doors searches for her new property were delayed twice...

Causing this whole sorry mess...

We were really hoping they would be in in time for Henry to celebrate his second birthday...

But no...

I just want my life back and for them to start the rest of theirs...

Eight weeks and counting have clocked up so far!

I am trying to tell myself there are far worse problems to have...

And I know there are...

But still...

It has been an awfully long time...

And breathe...

~

I have been finding the odd moment to slip away from our chaotic life and pick some blackberries.
How come the juciest ones hang beautifully just out of reach...
If only I were a little taller, a little wiser, a little richer!
Recently I have purchased some WECK canning jars and have been bottling and water bath canning apple sauce, pears in syrup, chutney, and stewed apple chunks.
The men and little men of the house seem to have constant hunger pangs...
There is always somethoing bubbling on top of the Aga or baking in it...

~

Work continues to dominate my life...
I have picked up a few extra shifts and can feel my back begining to say enough is enough!
However I have treated myself in a big way, and am doing a couple extra shifts for a few months in order to pay for my lovely coffee machine.
Normally I do not drink coffee...
I don't care for the aftertaste of instant...
And when out do not appreciate the strength of the regular brews on offer...
However I do love coffee...
Especially a late macchiato with ten mini marshmallows floating in it's frothy milk topping...
One per day is the usual treat...
Yum indeed!

We are shortly going on another berry hunt...

So Blessings, J. x



4 comments:

  1. When I saw your blog post title I thought "oh no - the move" .
    Another covid casualty. Hope it gets sorted quickly. Enjoy your coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue...apparently the bank will accept a personal search conducted by the solicitor...however the council has yet to say when or if they can conduct one! x

      Delete
  2. I hope your berry hunt was successful. I have a freezer full of them, leaving little room for anything else :)
    Fingers crossed you won't be waiting too much longer for the move. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I slip away most days and gather a few hips haws and blackberries...juicing and jelly making will begin shortly! Unfortunately the council say that a personal search will take as long as a regular one so the request was finally submitted yesterday. 🙇‍♀️ x

      Delete