Thursday 21 April 2022

Back to Living

Well, I have now been back to work for just over a week.  After three days working on the trot I am officially shattered. Happily so though. We have celebrated a wonderful Easter and hubbys' birthday. One big party all the way really. I have begun weeding the garden...and hubby has been busy sowing and tilling in the vegetable plot and greenhouse. He has aslo tidied up and mulched the fruit cage occupants. 

Our electric hungry Aga has been turned off for much of this past week. Last evening we grilled in the garden and tonight I cooked just on top of the Aga. Still she will be on for baking sessions and roasting days. I lit the fire later this evening. It is nice just to warm the living room through and prevent that slightly damp feel that is so easy to attain at this time of year with no radiators downstairs.

Still our laundry is being pre soaked in the red bins then washed in cold water only. I have had no issues so far with this method and it's saved a lot of electricity.

I haven't resorted to using either the tumble dryer or dishwasher either.

I have cooked all our meals, and been as economical as possible. 

I have been catching up on your lovely blogs, however reading mostly on my ipad I am unable to comment...it is only on the Mac that it allows me so don't think I'm not checking in!

Tomorrow is bedding day, and I have my first appointment with the physio. I have not even taken paracetamol for my back in well over a week now. Only being sensible and a good old hot water bottle. Yes it is stiff, yes it is sore, but unless poked it is not so painful. It feels different and I hope that now it is finally beginning to heal. I feel different too. I had not lifted a paintbrush since before Christmas, however since coming off everything I have done a little painting of the landing on a few days when I wasn't working. I have purchased the paint for the dining hall too. It needs its own identity and something to lift the walls. Buttercup by Dulux in an eggshell finish I hope will do the trick. Hopefully as I have two tins of the stuff!



I do hope it looks good...

Well the bread is out the breadmaker, and I am away to my bed to rest for the night.

Blessings, J. X

6 comments:

  1. Well done with your back! long may it continue to heal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to read that you're on the mend and that colour is just so happy and uplifting. I will admit that when my back is really bad I tuck a hot water bottle into the back of my dungarees and go off to feed the animals that way. My neighbours are Breton and the tradition seems to be to wear woolies well into May, so to see me trotting around in just a jumper and dungarees must confuse them. They don't know my secret, haha. Take care and feel better soon.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hot water bottle is my best friend on Earth at the moment! I even take it to work for any sit down times or breaks! x

      Delete
  3. I'm glad your back is improving. Long may it continue. So don't overdo it with the painting. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jules...sadly the paint was not the right colour at all...too washed out in the dark room...I need to go more dare I say it...ORANGE! I will however pace myself, primise. x

      Delete