Wednesday 13 July 2022

More News

Well apparently engagements are like buses....you wait for one to come along then suddenly there are two. I am delighted to share with you the news of our youngest daughters' engagement. The wedding is being planned for next Summer. Let the fun begin! There will be much preparation, as rather than paying for a wedding venue, they are holding the party in their large shed...which isn't yet finished, also their half acre plot needs landscaping...with a digger! Hubby is delighted that the money we spend will be helping them for their future rather than just lining someone else's pocket. I'm thinking about the pretty bits as I won't be driving the digger!

I've been quietly melting behind my mask at work this week. And the picking of produce continues with glee. Sadly the housework has slid somewhat but hey you can't juggle too many balls all at once.

Today I visited the dentist for a filling which should have been done back in March but due to the lovely Covid it had to be postponed. It hadn't dawned on me until I saw the size of the dentists needle that he would be filling one of my wisdom teeth. Extra deep injections were required and so I spent the next six hours not being in full control of my tongue. Even now my lips and jaw feel weird. So glad not to have been stopped by the police on my way home. They would definitely have been convinced I was either under the influence or having a stroke.

Well our evening meal has started to sizzle...and I am starving, having not been able to eat much since before lunch.

Blessings, J. x

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, everyone loves a wedding, and how wonderful to use their own land and buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely and to have a 'shed' wedding venue sounds wonderful! The pretties are definitely the best part of the planning and making :) Hope tongue and jaw feeling little less numb x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaw almost fully recovered now...it has been rather sore! x

      Delete
  3. Good news on the forthcoming wedding.
    Your dentist news makes me glad I had my wisdom teeth out when I was much younger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My top two were removed at the dentists' years ago...just the bottom ones left. x

      Delete