Wednesday 4 October 2023

One Lucky Girl

We headed off to a farm sale last weekend...someone we used to know really well is finally retiring in his 80's and after losing his wife a few years ago. I must say I found picking through their belongings a bit awkward as I have many fond memories of them in the years gone by. However hubby asked if I had looked at the furniture for sale, I don't need anything so hadn't until he pointed me to the right shed. I spotted a lovely set of drawers, but not needing any decided that was that. The hubby said he'd seen a lovely set of drawers that he thought would be great for my crafting/sewing things and yes it was the same set. We bought them. Then up for sale was their old snooker table that several years ago they had converted into a side table, with the addition of a huge slab of we think mahogany on the top. Hubby said did I want it. I didn't have a clue what we would do with it, but surely one of the children could make use of it if the price was right. Nobody else bid...we paid £5. 

That afternoon we re-jigged my crafting space where our bathroom used to be. We did have the wedding cart set up there but it wasn't the ideal surface to work on. I now have a lovely dedicated crafting area and have ordered some new crafting mats so the little people can come and make things and not totally destroy the lovely table!


I can just get my legs in under the table and the children will have no trouble...poor hubby would have to stand or sit sideways though...he will not be permitted to cut out leg holes!

Weather's been a bit naff so the dreaded tumble has been on today...stew for tea bubbling away on the woodturner...what's not to love!

Blessings, J. x

4 comments:

  1. Two lovely pieces of furniture.
    Colin always liked farm dispersal sales but he was looking at tractors and tools!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue...Hubby also bought a bale trailer...not quite such a cheap purchase! x

      Delete
  2. It looks like a lovely place to spend time crafting. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to sit and play...been a little too busy so far this week, but soon...very soon! x

      Delete