Tuesday 19 September 2023

So How Did We Do?

The sun shone brightly after a misty start on ploughing match day. The turnout was good and the charities benefiting should soon be sent their much needed boost.

Hubby did rather well with his vegetables, getting first prize for both potatoes and beetroot. Second for carrots and onions and third for runner beans.

My, turn yourself into a gonk hat won first prize and my bag and card both won second places.

Not a bad little haul between us!

In the evening I headed to our local carnival with eldest and the two boys...her hubby was taking out a group of students on a D of E weekend walk so couldn't be with us, and hubby stayed put at the ploughing match. It was for me the best carnival I'd ever seen in Bideford, and afterwards the massed pipes and drums played on the quay...such a beautifully stirring sight and sound. We left part way through though as both boys were trying to lie down and go to sleep. Short of carrying them back to the car which they are now too heavy for us to manage we decided to go whilst they were still 10% awake! Sadly we didn't stay to watch the fireworks, however I dropped them off at home and then returned to the ploughing match and collected hubby after catching up with a few people. 

During the night we had tremendous thunder storms and downpours which messed up the plan to take down all the marquees in the morning, but by early evening things had dried off enough to get the fields almost clear. 

So that was that!

The week has mainly passed in a blur...I have been suffering with labrynthitis shortly after being given my live MMR vaccine...I'm due the second one next week so am holding out to push for antibiotics if needed until after then. I've been checked and the ear is inflamed...the leaflet says one in ten people get a middle ear infection after the vaccine but they are reluctant to prescribe antibiotics at the moment. I do wish I could get rid of the rushing sound in my ear though at the moment my balance is OK after I did the Epley Manoeuvre. Such trials I tell you!

Our weather can only be described as miserable at the moment. The fire was lit yesterday, but I'm hoping to keep moving enough this morning not to need it. Work looks as though it could be a soggy affair later.



Right the clock has been ticking with me sat here and my job list for the day needs some attention!

Blessings, J. x

6 comments:

  1. Sounds to have been an amazing day/weekend. Well done with all your winnings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your wins and thank goodness the storms were after the ploughing rather than before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue...yes very grateful that we had good fortune weatherise on the actual day. x

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! It sounds like you had a great day.
    I hope that rushing sound will be gone very soon. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Self treatment in the end seems to have abated the noise. And thank you. x

      Delete