Tuesday 19 March 2024

A Little of Lots

Yesterday afternoon I had a feeling something was amiss...my mouth didn't feel quite right...and this morning I have woken with an amazingly sore sore throat. It is what I term a lumpy sore throat, as opposed to a scratchy or sharp one...so I have some hope it will diminish once I've consumed some soothing liquid. Well I can hope anyway. My first cup of tea hasn't made any difference, but I let it get too cold I fear. The next stop will be coffee, and if that doesn't work an Oxo cube just might.

I had earmarked today as grocery shopping day, my working week being slightly different this week to last.

The morning dawned beautifully, and was full of sunshine, but now it is once more grey and raining. Thick mizzley rain.

...

Having returned from shopping at the moment the sun has made a welcome reappearance. I've popped the carcasses from three fat sparrows in with a concoction of other things to simmer for stock. Also on the go is some dough for hot cross buns, though I'm not inclined to make the crosses on them today. Hopefully my mixture will make more for our money than buying them would have.

...





Unglazed, with one tiddler, and one that caught on the Aga side making it misshapen, oh and minus one that landed...


                                                                               Right here!

It was delicious, and will have probably given me indigestion as it was not long out of the oven!

Blessings, J. x

6 comments:

  1. Three fat sparrows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd wondered about the fat sparrows too! The hot cross-less buns look yum :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well from what we used to produce poultry wise when I was a child, they have certainly shrunk in size so we now refer to chicken as fat sparrows!

      Delete
  3. If the coffee and Oxo don't work, try some brandy :)

    ReplyDelete