Thursday 27 June 2024

About Time

This poor neglected space must be feeling rather left out of my life recently…I am still here…still flitting from this to that…Not sure if anything majorly exciting has happened…I have been working three shifts a week in a local hospital clinic and last Friday had a successful interview to make it a permanent thing. Need to jump through a few hoops, one being occupational health screening which always love to phone me up! Declaring you’ve had Long Covid and a few other bits and bobs in the past gets you a phone call. Hopefully as I’ve already been doing the job for nigh on five months without any sickness things should be promising. 

The grandchildren are all growing like weeds. And wonderful news is that youngest is expecting. After a couple miscarriages, the first being really traumatic, she has reached what is generally termed a safer time for pregnancies to succeed. So baby is due the week running up to Christmas…oh my I do hope it’s not a snowy time this year!

I ‘treated’ myself to a push manual grass mower a few weeks ago…hubby was using the strimmer, and what a mess that was making, also managing to damage some of the bark on one or two fruit trees. So I have taken charge!!

Oh, we had solar panels and batteries installed a couple of weeks ago. We are really pleased with it all so far, but are a long way from making the cost of the system pay!

I’ve just gone to upload some photos of the garden and well I haven’t taken any recently, life has just been so full on…good but full. So until next time,

Blessings, J. x



5 comments:

  1. Lovely to read your post and baby news.
    I've never had a patch of grass level enough for a manual push mower! Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. Ha ha…ours is not level in the slightest…but I hope to encourage hubby to fill in the pits once the grass becomes a little healthier! X

      Delete
  2. It is always lovely to see a post from you, Jackie. It sounds like you've been keeping busy and it's wonderful news about your youngest.
    Congratulations on your job becoming permanent. It sounds like you really enjoy it there. If I remember correctly, your previous job used to be rather exhausting, so this must be a lot less stressful for you.
    Also, just to let you know, I have a new URL for my blog https://alongthewaywithj.blogspot.com
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules…Life does appear to be rather lovely at the moment…long may it continue…once all the stresses of interviews, form filling, and occupational health are behind me I’m hoping for some calmer waters! X

      Delete
    2. And I’ll be sure to change to your new address!! X

      Delete