Tuesday 20 November 2018

Such is Life

Such is life
The last few weeks have not been easy
Taking on an extra job
Just as the clocks went back
Has meant getting home well after dark
And some bad planning resulted in some very long days
But hopefully that will resolve itself
~
It's true you never stop worrying about your children
And much of my energies have been spent
Worrying for my son
He's split from his long term girlfriend
But apparently it's complicated
As in they split back in May
However continued to visit us as a couple
I'll give him complicated!
~
This next week we leave the youngsters in charge
And take some time out
Partly with our son
And partly in Yorkshire
We both really need a holiday
~
So Sunday afternoon at the Cottage
The light is fading fast
Washing is airing over the Aga
A sleeping dog is at my feet
Once more I am alone
~
It is now Tuesday
We have arrived at our sons’ house
And await his return from work
I hope my batteries will be well and truly recharged 
Before my work beckons once more
~
May you all be happy and well
Soon I hope to catch up with you all
But for now
Family is more important 

Blessings J. x

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your rest Jackie. It sounds like it is much needed. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did my best...Yorkshire was extremely cold but we hope to return for longer one day x

      Delete
  2. Families can be so complicated! I hope you get your much needed rest and tell us what your new job is when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More complicated than I should like at the moment! x

      Delete
  3. Life is indeed complicated. I hope you are getting chance to recharge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn’t say recharge exactly...more run completely flat for something worthwhile x

      Delete