Sunday 6 January 2019

A Love Hate Relationship

Not with you dear reader
But with technology 

Computers 
The internet 
Household appliances 
Cars
Electricity

I love to be home
On a Winter’s night
With a storm raging outside
And to have a power cut

Candles cast their romantic glow
Around our old cottage 
We talk to each other
Instead of staring at screens

The fire exudes warmth
And light
We delight in it’s flames and crackles
It’s comfort

A car means we travel further to find work
Are expected to work after dark
Need to work more to pay for it’s running 
And eventual replacement 

Computers
Invade our personal space
Drain our time
Are much more expensive 
Than pens and paper 

However 
I love being able to FaceTime Sonshine
And other family
Love reading your blogs
And being able to shop from my fireside 

It’s lovely having the electric Aga
A kettle boils quickly thanks to electricity
Travelling to work is a breeze in a car
And I stay reasonably warm and dry

Maybe we just need to know when to switch off
Blogger has helped me somewhat 
Very often lately my comments won’t publish
Thanks to some update or other

Our internet is very often less than .1 of a mb
Work continues a pace though
And I am finding getting tired commonplace 
I need to learn to say no
Slowly it should improve
My boss now knows that by September 
I shall be cutting back my numbers 

I took out our festive tree yesterday 
And a Father Christmas 
But Winter remains 
A roast is sizzling in the oven
The men and dog are dozing 


And so until next time 
Blessings J. x






1 comment:

  1. Although it's been bright here today it has been really cold. The roasting leg of pork in our oven has been very comforting and the eating of it even more so....lol.
    I love the thought of a candlelit cottage in a power cut.
    Keep well during this horrible time for coughs and colds.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete