Monday 14 January 2019

I Knew It Was A Mistake

Have you ever hesitated to get rid of something 
But then one day just gone and done it
I have
Almost without exception 
I have come to regret my action
The picture below is a copy of one I have had
For nearly 30 years
It was faded
The frame had broken 
I couldn’t think of where to hang it
So the other day it went in the woodburner 
Gone

As soon as it left my hand
I knew I had done wrong
But it was too late
So I searched online
And found a copy of the picture 
I intend to get a smaller copy
Which I can find room for
So hopefully all will be well again
~
I have this morning set up our new broadband
Not sure how much quicker it will be yet
Only time will tell
We had a weekend of jollity 
Friends came round for a meal on Saturday evening
I am still very tired
Henry is teething bless him
And we all know how cranky that can make babies 
Even our beautiful Henry!
~
As our weather is looking like it will be turning colder
I am attempting to bring in plenty of logs
Before trundling off to work this afternoon 
The wind picked up yesterday afternoon
And made some curious sounds through the cottage 
~
A welcome to Pam who left a comment on my last post 
The words on the banner are indeed my own!
I am glad that you like them
I hope they describe my home accurately 
People who visit say it is a very cosy place
~
Well as logs do not have legs
And bills do not pay themselves 
I need to finish up here for today
And continue with my allotted tasks
~
Blessings J. x


2 comments:

  1. I'm sure I will be regretting a lot of my decluttering decisions this afternoon Jackie but there is only so much room in the bedroom and the wardrobe being delivered at the weekend is rather large.
    Lovely to hear that you had a jolly weekend.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sheila...I do hope everything fits neatly into the new wardrobe when it comes! x

      Delete