Thursday 22 October 2020

Grabbing Five Minutes...

 Of peace that would be...

The 'lodgers' have left for a trip out as Son in Law has the day off from school today...

I have been making the most of the quiet time but now am indulging in a little me time...

Arthur the budgie has been cleaned out and is chirping along to some music...

However I have just realised that one of the kittens has discovered his cage which I had left on the table to serve as a change of scenery for him...oops...sorry Arthur!

Speaking of the kittens let me introduce you to the little darlings...

Meet Kitty...

and Wilbur...



These two scamps are finding their way into my broken heart and are getting away with some pretty mischevious antics...should the front door curtain provide endless hours of enjoyment??

It is just as well our leather suite has served us well for over ten years...it is ageing rather quickly at the moment though I have to admit they are two cute time wasters.

The photo of Kitty is older than the one of Wilbur I believe, anyway they are both much larger than this now...

Neither is aftaid of the big black dog...Bea (Grand-dog)...

 Hubby and I were able to take a trip up North last week to stay with our Son and his partner...

Hubby helped him with some electrics and plumbing...

I took up some paperwork and managed to get a reasonable amount done without little people trying to help...

The local searches are due back a week from today...

I hope...really hope there will be no further delays with the move...

We all need to move on and have our own space...

I know that when Bea goes the loss of Heidi may well become more apparent than ever...

I will deal with this in my own way...

Making myself get out for a non-dog walk is proving difficult...but I am determined that when the family have vacated I shall begin to lose my excess weight again...this time hopefully keeping it off too...

To think that years ago I was such a skinny ninny and couldn't put any weight on...really!

I must thank all of you that wrote kind messages with regard to our news of losing Heidi...she was indeed one of those very special dogs who makes a place in our hearts and will never be forgotten. I miss her resting her white whiskered tooth missing chin on my lap at mealtimes and not having her greet me everytime I return home...but she is sill in my heart and her spirit is with me when I go walking in the woods. She is free of pain and I owed her enough not to make her linger when life became too much...

Blessings J. x




8 comments:

  1. What lovely kittens Kitty and Wilbur are. Bea doesn't seem too bothered by them. I'm sure they'll get up to mischief and I'm sure you'll forgive them! Hope you're feeling a bit brighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and yes...I have just returned from a woodland walk dry eyed which is an improvement! x

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness what gorgeous kittens - they should fill up any spare moments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sue they certainly do...how can two such cute kitties cause such mayhem. Wilbur in particular needs to learn that the table is off limits and as for Kitty...well she's no lady just yet!

      Delete
  3. Oh my! The kittens are adorable. I'm not surprised they've found their way into your heart. Those eyes! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Îles...those adorable kittens are currently using our stairs as a racing track! x

      Delete
  4. Kitty and Wilbur are adorable! There is almost nothing as distracting as kittens, I think (I say almost because babies are infinitely distracting). I'm keeping fingers crossed for the search results. And that is a very soulful picture of lovely Heidi in your header. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mrs. Tiggywinkle...babies do have a certain something don’t they...I couldn’t let Heidi go from my header just yet.

      Delete