Thursday 29 October 2020

One More Sleep!

 Hopefully tomorrow daughter and her little family will finally complete on the purchase of the cottage next to us. It has certainly been a long time coming...so much time with many ups and downs so when the news arrived last Thursday that the searches were back none of us became excited...well they managed to exchange contracts the very next day and fingers and toes are crossed there are no last minute hiccups tomorrow.

I had already booked the week off...thinking I would be out in the garden tilling the vast quantity of bulbs I’d purchased...of course the weather has had other ideas so I’ve stayed close to the Aga preserving apples, pears and chutney daily..

This morning I think I am beginning to feel a slight fizz of something that could be considered excitement...maybe after a delicious coffee I will be able to gage my feelings further...

The irony of it is that all these months daughter has been on maternity leave...and she starts back at school on Monday...such good timing!

Best wishes go to Weaver of The Grass for a speedy recovery...I read on Sue’s blog she has suffered a fall.

I’ll update soon...the thought of my carpet being free of toys for some of the time is really appealing right now!

Blessings J. x

6 comments:

  1. We love our grandsons, but also love the quiet and clean house when they go home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quiet...I think I can remember what that sounds like! x

      Delete
  2. Oh I bet you can't wait to have your house back! I love having our 3 grown up kids plus other halves plus grandchildren to visit - but when they've gone it feels like a whirlwind has been inside and I'm pleased to see the back of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had 4 and a half year old grandson and his mum for 3 nights. They went home first thing this morning and it's Very quiet and so peaceful.
    Hope all goes well with Completion and a quiet house for you too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently chomping at the bit...all monies have transferred but next door has ex-husband and a rental van plus friend helping...one load gone...not yet back...could be a long wait for the keys!! x

      Delete