Friday 13 November 2020

Next Stop A Digger

 So...just as I get my pantry cupboard relatively sorted a new conundrum comes along to vex me...

We have begun to remove the badly damaged hedge between us and daughter’s cottage...

It’s beyond anything really...full of brambles and has been undermined by the previous owner of next door...think pushing the boundaries!

We are going to put in a staggered double fence type number so we can both grow fruit trees against it...

However in order to fully remove all the old stumps and roots we need a mini digger...one which should just about fit trough our side porch...

I apparently have nothing to worry about...hubby has made wooden ramps for the steps and everything...oh yes...the same ramps the men used last weekend wheelbarrowing through loads of concrete for the pig house floor. Should I have mega cleaned up behind them...full well knowing the fate still to come?

Well I didn’t...

Truth be told this head cold that attached itself to my being last Friday along with the last of the soreness from the fall have utterly done for me...

What is different though is that various cupboards will have to move in order for the little beast to gain entry...

Was that a stifled groan I heard escaping from somewhere deep in my chest...

Ah well...

It will be OK...I know it will really...

Just sometimes I’d like the cottage to stay clean and tidy...just for a short while you understand...

And go take a wee ramble to see beautiful sights such as these...




Blessings, J. x













6 comments:

  1. Just try to stay focused on the end result. I hope you're feeling better soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jackie, it seems to be one thing after another! Yes, it really will be OK. Hold onto that thought. I feel better having seen your gorgeous photos and I hope you feel better soon, too. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs. T. Just remember we’re all in this together...sending hugs your way. x

      Delete