Saturday 7 November 2020

What Happened Was...

 So I had a fall down the stairs carrying hubbys' stinky workclothes a week ago Friday. Yes it hurt and I was a bit dazed initially...however I really didn't think I would still be feeling spaced out nearly a week later. Hand eye co-ordination became less than brilliant and I just felt in a fog constantly with headaches that just wouldn't go. Then Thursday evening I suddenly felt something...I can't quite explain what...I suddenly felt different...the dazed feeling was leaving thankfully...however this was soon replaced with the ability to feel the aches in my back and ribs where I had fallen. Until then it didn't really hurt. So I am having another week off work to get over it and then hopefully I shall be fully fit and raring to go. I do hope so...though now I have come out with a lovely head cold...an old tea-towel is keeping me company and is far more use than the flimsy kitchen roll I was sneezing into.

~

Enough of feeling sorry for myself though...I have treated us to a fruit press...Son-in Law has a small one...but I am finding using it really fiddly and it doesn't screw down as hard as I should like it to. Que a bigger beast with a crossbeam mechanisim. I am one super excited woman I can tell you! Pickling and preserving has been rather prevalent in these here parts this year...the last lot of apples have been chopped and frozen ready to juice later.

~

We have been treated to a few rather lovely dry days after what seemed like weeks of rain. The wind is blowing in a goodly manner though it is much warmer than the last few days. Our fire is lit and this afternoon I am taking it a little easier than the usual constant bake-a-thon.

~

Despite the latest lock-down life continues here at Little Winter. Today the old pig shed floor is being concreted next door so the washing machine and freezer can move over from ours.

~

I also managed a lovely walk on one very chilly afternoon. Well worth it to see this though...



Well I think so anyway...

Blessings, J. x













6 comments:

  1. Your fall sounds very painful , hope you continue healing. Take care
    Have fun with the fruit press

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue...it’s something I really wish hadn’t happened...really looking forward to the press arriving. x

      Delete
  2. Ouch, that must have been one fall! Carefull with the head.
    Your last picture is beautiful. Have a nice Sunday.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking young Henry had made the edge of stairs slippy as he would come down on his tummy...didn’t stand a chance on the corner with both hands holding the washing. x

      Delete
  3. If I lived closer (and we weren't in lockdown) I would come round and make you a cup of tea. I hope you're feeling better soon, Jackie. Rest up. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jules that if it were possible sounds like a lovely idea...maybe one day we could have a zoom or FaceTime tea party! x

      Delete