Thursday 19 November 2020

Where Was I?

 So...the fall...concussion...soreness...enough yet...no...chuck in the head cold from hell...enough now...still no...let’s add a positive Covid test...whoa...yep...I had my regular for work test last Friday and late Saturday evening received the unwelcome diagnosis...

I am locked in until 24th and everyone else until the 27th. ...

I still have my it keeps on giving head cold so have no desire to venture anywhere anyway...thank goodness we were able to source a home delivery from Tesco...

Christmas...quite honestly right now I couldn’t give a fig about it...but I know it is looming...and I just happened upon our bottle of Sherry the other afternoon...and partook of a little splash so I did! Medicinal you understand...

Post our personal lockdown we are changing a few things...in order to protect hubby from being locked down again...self employed one man band is not good when you can’t go to work...I will continue to have contact with daughter and the children but by then we hope all their white goods will be over their side rather than ours so son in law won’t need to come over and hubby won’t mix with them. We are still in transition with their move as not everything has been useable next door. I have to look after the children so that won’t change...with both of the young adults working in schools the chances of them being struck down or traced is quite high. We’ve also picked up food delivery slots each week except Christmas week so far...

It beggars belief where I caught the virus..,I’d been off work for 3 weeks what with a weeks holiday and the fall...and I haven’t exactly been roaming the streets with concussion either...but it is what it is as they say...symptom wise the only Covid like thing I noticed is that normally with a head cold tea and coffee are off the menu...pickled onions being great for sore throats...however I have happily downed tea and coffee each day but the smell of vinegar is disgusting to my senses...

So I hope all you lovely folks are keeping safe and warm...I have ventured downstairs early this morning...I needed a cup of tea and a hot water bottle and it’s been lovely just sitting listening to the howling wind with just the lights on our fireplace beam on. The kittens have been playing in the semi darkness and despite the wretchedness that is Covid life is still good.

Blessings J. x

11 comments:

  1. I hope you start to feel better soon, it's strange times for us all, our grandson brought it home to daughter from his nursey, we have not seen them in weeks, so we are safe, none of them feel ill, but the test gave positive results, so they stay home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be everywhere at the moment...I have my get out of jail free card tomorrow...but they want me to fetch antibiotics for a sinus infection and have another test before I can return to work...x

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better soon, Jackie. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I’ve turned a corner now Jules...it’s taken time and now antibiotics and possibly steroids beckon. x

      Delete
  3. Hope you feel better soonx Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aril...can’t wait to be able to just walk down the lane for some fresh air! x

      Delete
  4. Hoping you feel better soon and the rest of the family stays healthy.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m getting there thanks Sue...everyone else appears fine...we’re wondering if the headache hubby had a few weeks ago was more than from getting cold a wet whilst concreting. x

      Delete
  5. Oh dear, hope you will feel better soon and your family stays ok as well.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are ok thank you...and a plus is that no murders have been committed...yet anyway! x

      Delete
  6. Oh Jackie, what a dreadful time you are having, I hope you are feeling better by now. Thank you for reminding me that life is good, of course you are right, although I sometimes find it hard to hold onto that. Sending hugs. x

    ReplyDelete