Saturday 6 February 2021

Rinse and Repeat

Life goes on here apace at Little Winter...however I am a little encumbered by my back playing up again.

~

It started sometime before Christmas...I know exactly when I overstretched, and have been trying to keep on plodding along with all things required. I have a week off booked in a couple of weeks and was trying desperately to survive until then. However a week ago on Thursday a client gave me a shove on my right hip area...ouch, the pain was immense. I just about survived my shift, but ended up 'sleeping' on our living room floor with my legs raised up on our sofa. I did that for the next four nights. I was due to work last Saturday...hubby looked at me hobbling along and said 'you're not going to work like that'...I knew in my heart I shouldn't and really couldn't, but it took his command to get me to phone in.

~

Currently I am signed off for two weeks, and then have my weeks holiday. I really hope that will be the end of this episode. I make sure to walk down the lane and back up each day no matter what the weather. I'm avoiding taking any really strong medication as it just turns me into a  zombie, and I know I really need to keep moving.

~

I am pottering and doing what I can. Sitting is the worst and so I minimise that as much as possible. The jigsaw puzzle that I started weeks ago is coming along but very slowly. I look at it late each afternoon with a cup of tea and hope to put in a few pieces, but that is all. Then the large piece of kitten proof card gets placed back over the top until the next afternoon.

~

We have submitted our plans for our extension, and await the results. Hubby says we can't begin to plan what we want until we know for sure what we'll be building...however in the next breath wants to know the depth of my choice of kitchen floor tiles and colour of sockets! Men!!

~

Wilbur had his little operation a few weeks ago, and appears to have come through with his mischevious streak intact. I purchased a huge roll of sisal rope and have covered the post that supports our stairs where the understairs cupboard used to be, and also the bottom stair post. My they have lots of fun shimmying up those. Being indoor cats I cannot complain about the odd scratch...however I now place them on the sisal if I catch them reaching up to scratch anything else...small square lamp table I know of your suffering!!

~

Hubby and son in law laid down a concrete pad in our vegetable plot last weekend and have just gone to the farm to fetch our not been used for ten years greenhouse...I hope it all goes as well as possible. I remember the people I purchased it from kind of taking two days to erect it many years ago. Me thinks I'll be keeping well out of the way...maybe I'll make something nice in the kitchen to pacify any potential male tantrums!

~

 



 

So for now...from Kitty, Wilbur and I blessings,

J. x



10 comments:

  1. My next door neighbours put up a greenhouse just after they moved in - I think it almost ended in divorce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept well out of the way Sue...and the beast is up...though with a few bits left over...and a missing bit that they've nabbed from somewhere else?! x

      Delete
  2. I hope you are feeling better soon, not being able to get comfortable is horrible. We managed to put our greenhouse up in 2 days, but in June when it was really hot, not the best time to be building a glass house, we survived, not too many cross words, more of hubby telling me to go away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too Poppypatchwork...I did well to stay out of the way and let the men do their stuff...I couldn't carry stuff anyway. x

      Delete
  3. A greenhouse, that's so exciting. I hope your back gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we get a really good crop of tomatoes this year...and some out of season salads. x

      Delete
  4. It doesn't sound like you're having the best time of it, Jackie. I hope you're now on the way to making a recovery. I can't imagine it's a lot of fun sleeping on the living room floor, especially with Kitty and Wilbur on the prowl. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitty and Wilbur disgraced themselves badly at night within a few weeks of being here by jumping up and down off of our bed...racing up and down the stairs, and constantly disturbing our bedroom curtains...so they now spend their nights in the side passage...sometimes with a hot water bottle! x

      Delete
  5. I'm sad to see that you are suffering, Jackie - as if times weren't hard enough anyway - and I hope that these weeks away from work will give you enough time to recuperate properly. The greenhouse sounds exciting but yes, definitely keep out of the way and let the men get on with it, and wear ear plugs if you need to. Blessings to you, Kitty and Wilbur, and stay safe. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs. Tiggywinkle, each day I seem to get a little better...though defrosting half a freezer yesterday wasn’t an easy task. Just the other half and one more and it’ll be a job well done! x

      Delete