Friday 19 February 2021

Time to...

I'm feeling a bit of here we go again right now. Today I have had a full set of bloods taken and next week I am to become a guinea pig at my local surgery. It appears I may be suffering from long covid. Fatigue, joint pain and swelling, elevated blood pressure, headaches and anxiety have all come to reside in my body, and what I put down to purely stress after returning to work after having covid may have been the start of it. So rest...being kind to myself...good walks...and healthy food are the order of the day for now...which is actually what life should be full of anyway.

Last weekend we hired a small digger and it was duly driven by hubby through our side passage on a homemade wooden ramp. Was the weather kind...not at all...it snowed, the east wind blew and hubby wore gloves and socks on his hands in order to stop them from freezing. I did my best to keep everyone fed. The stumps that needed removing were removed and pits were dug. Our garden now resembles a bomb site but I'm assured it will all be worth it in the end when the fence is finished and the fruit trees and bushes have been planted.

We have celebrated youngest grandsons first birthday...it doesn't seem possible that the little dear is now one. Trouble ahead I forsee!!

I have been looking up details of apple varieties that we could plant up against the new fence...a good keeper and a Christmas apple are amongst my desires. Any suggestions?

Right my aching wrists have about had enough for now.

Blessings,

J. x

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like so many other peoples accounts of long covid - and no fun at all. Hope you start to feel better very soon, keep resting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a bit of an ugger Sue. So hope it doesn’t last for long. x

      Delete
  2. Take care of yourself, Jackie. I hope you begin to feel better soon. X

    ReplyDelete