Wednesday 29 September 2021

Conversation With A Daddy Longlegs

Never thought it would happen, but it just has. I have had a conversation...albeit one sided with a daddy longlegs. It came about as I was painting our ensuite toilet ceiling just now. The tiny body had taken up residence in one of the corners. Normally I would have swept it down without a second thought, however there were several fly like creatures annoyingly pitching on the ceiling where I wanted to paint. I didn't have the heart to cast him aside. It is very cold up there as we are open to the elements. The poor thing is just trying to catch his next meal. I jiggled the brush around near to him and he wisely decided to descend the wall. It is so cold here right now that Wilbur sat on the Aga this morning. Yep that cold! I have rung...again...about our windows. Apparently the person at the window manufacture dealing with them is not answering his calls or emails at the moment. Pester power here we come! I have also rung again to ask where our slates are...they were due in August. Sadly no one knows an exact date for them either. It could be a very cold Autumn/Winter for us I fear. Water has been entering down the unprotected roof ridge and when we lit the woodburner the other evening the stone started to sweat it out. Glam living here right now!!

Just spoken to a very 'happy' hubby...he is at long last sorting out some boarding for the window openings...the weather is beyond silage sheet now. I have lit the woodburner, and the sun has just decided to rather shyly show it's face. 

 



Both Kitty and Wilbur have found warm blankets to settle on. How I adore these two monkeys. Granted they have scratched some of our wood in places, however the love they show us far outweighs the damage their claws have inflicted...for now anyway!

I am doubting my sanity having agreed to yet another shift at work this afternoon. I keep telling myself we need the money right now, and it's true we do. However after today I really won't be going in until Monday...except for my Covid booster on Friday.



Rather too open plan to be a kitchen right now. Nothing a lick of paint won't cure though...oh and some windows...and plasterboard and plaster. Apparently two of our builders are on their way...thank goodness...we didn't have anyone last week and hardly anyone the week before. A bit like pulling teeth really as the build is held up by the missing vital components. All shall be well in the end though.

Blessings J. x

2 comments:

  1. I hope you manage to get your windows fitted before it turns much colder. I can't imagine how unsettling it must all be for you right now. It can be bad enough just having a small amount of work done on a house. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby as I type is drilling up a couple old windows and some polycarbonate to seal us in a bit. We struck lucky with a good friend today. No the windows don't fit, but they will seal a couple of holes and with a can of expanding foam we'll be much happier! Even polycarbonate is better than nothing for the other openings.x

      Delete