Monday 12 December 2022

Our Winter Wonderland

Well it happened...

First I cleaned the cottage...

Then it began to snow...

It got very cold...

Then it snowed some more...

And got a lot lot colder...

Surfaces were cleared of clutter...

Tablecloths were ironed...

Nooks and crannies were decorated...

Special chairs prepared...

Mince pies baked...

Two special guests arrived...

The children were waiting next door...

They passed through the scaled down (due to extreme weather) area...

Met a snowman and Father Christmas (well blow up ones)...

Then we heard sleigh bells...

Did I mention it was cold...

Inside we found Father and Mrs. Christmas...

They had brought some small gifts for the children...

There was excitement...

And food...

Then we all sat around the fire and sang Christmas songs...

Led by the children...

It was not a late evening so Grandma and Grumpy were able to watch strictly afterwards...

I hope all the children slept well...

Grandma did...!!!




The first snow fall Saturday morning






The festive dresser 






Washing removed from the Pulley Maid





My cookery books in what used to be our kitchen window







The freshly baked mince pies and bread rolls were safely stashed under here







The dining hall






Making space in the living room meant moving the rocking chair to by the fire





My deep filled mince pies...normal tin had gone a little rusty so I went deep!




Chairs with extra added cushions so that the 'guests' could sit with ease...or rather rise with ease later!!



They arrived!





Walking through the Wonderland



Simple but pretty



And before very long it was all over...

But we had fun...good simple fun...I have some lovely photos of the children but I don't like showing children's' faces on here...

This morning brought me firmly back to reality with a super early start in order to get the car ready for my journey to work on some very hairy roads and lanes...thankfully I made it and with stout boots also managed my shift without coming a cropper...

Now back home I've lit the fire and after showering have had a bit of relaxation time...we all need some now and again.

Blessings, J. x


4 comments:

  1. Sounds an exciting time and not just for the children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely!
    All that effort was definitely appreciated and will have made memories to treasure for not just the small peopleπŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸ§‘‍πŸŽ„☃️

    ReplyDelete