Tuesday 5 September 2023

Of Mellow Mists And Fruitfulness


 I'd never make it as a serious blogger that's for sure...But my life has been full of all sorts of goings on of late...Though it seems to have been mainly work there have been other doings as well...Such as bringing in the harvests...


 


Of both food...

 


 

And fuel... 


I have yet to make any jams or chutney, but this week hopefully should see the first jars being produced.


We took the grandchildren and their parents (that live next door) to a mill for a visit the weekend before last...







Realising that the Mini Run was taking place we made a stop on the way to see them pass...

Which for a time I thought might have been a mistake as we were then stuck in the traffic that 200 plus Minis caused!

However just as I was beginning to get frustrated I reminded myself that it was all for a good cause...The local Children's Hospice South West.







Sadly the mill wasn't in operation the day we visited...we did however enjoy the treat of a sumptuous cream tea...though we were visited by the Millers' bees as well as some local wasps, all eager to share our sweet treat.

Our weather appears to have cheered up drastically and rather shamefully I found myself complaining about the heat over the past couple of days more than once...Whereas only last week I was berating the fact it was so cold and miserable I had lit the fire...can't win either way I suppose. 

The morning has dawned rather overcast, however the forecast remains set for wall to wall sunshine.

After tea last evening I started the mammoth task of cutting back the garden...making a start on one side of the steps, there is such a pile of cuttings that I'm not quite sure what to do with it all just yet. The choices being, chip it up for compost, or lay out some of the woodier bits to dry and then use as fuel. Son in law said he has seen a second hand wood chipper for sale locally and he was going to ask if it was still available. I'm feeling rather lazy today and have to work later so the pile may well stay as just that for today at least.

Have just had notification from Wilbur's tracker so I'd better see if he needs breakfast.

Blessings, J. x



4 comments:

  1. We are British, we moan, whatever the weather gives us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brief return to warmer weather is a lovely surprise. I'd all but lit the candles and unearthed some throws and blankets :)

    ReplyDelete