Thursday 7 September 2023

Wilting...


Now I really really should be still catching up on the paperwork...I mean computer stuff...however my mind keeps wandering to different things than it really should...like whether it would be cool enough to go along the lane and pick blackberries...guess what...it wasn't and I found it really draining just collecting a few. Oh well...there is at times a bit of a breeze...but not all the time and boy I'm fit to melt!

Arthur the budgie has spent yet another day outdoors, taking a welcome shower earlier. He's looking very pleased with himself...protected from the worst of the rays of sun beneath a rather overgrown clematis.

Sleeping is proving difficult...hubby stores a lot of heat and seems to come further over my side when it's hot...I've warned him not to touch me!!

I've literally just poured myself a cold glass of larger shandy...after all it must be five o'clock somewhere as the late Jimmy Buffett sang.

Hubby will be off getting things ready for the local ploughing match this evening...it's a busy week so I have a few evenings to myself. I've opted out of doing any of the cookery classes this year, though I won the cup last time...in this heat the food will not fare well in the tent I fear! I have however knitted a cable hat and added a bobble. It has turned out rather large...oh well it is supposed to be for an adult and every head is a different size! I actually like the sizing ...it will keep my ears lovely and warm this coming Winter. Not overly sure what the judges will think though. I'm also needing to make a bag...before Saturday...and a New Home card...other than a couple of photo entries that's my lot for this year.

Motivation...that's what I need, and I need to find it right now...




This photo I'm entering in the cat or dog at work rest or play class




 And this is the hat, part way through being sewn up...and inside out!


Well enough of this...now to watch a reminder tutorial on how to make a lined bag...I know I can do them...I have done them before...just not recently!

Blessings, J. x




4 comments:

  1. That's a great photograph. And the hat looks so cosy; it won't be long before it will be needed. We'll be complaining about the wind and rain before we know it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with all your entries for the show.
    Are the prizes cash and 'huge' like here when a first is £1 ! or will you be rich by the end of the day. Have fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue…I’m not planning on making my fortune put it that way! x

      Delete