Saturday 17 February 2024

Living Slower

Since being so poorly not long into the New Year I have been making a conscious effort to keep out of the fast lane so to speak. Nobody is going to come and steal the housework if it doesn't all get done. I've found myself sitting by the fire and resting more than normal. Lists have been made, but each item on the list needs to earn its place there and not just fill a space and time. Work shifts have been declined. (Politely) I'm always professing to everyone else they must take care of themselves, particularly after a period of illness...but have rarely heeded those words myself...To my utter detriment.

So on this rainy Saturday I've pottered, then sat and rested a while. I have made a quiche for hubby to take with him this evening to a local skittle evening his team have entered. There was a request for contributions for a bring and share supper. He asked for a quiche. And please could I cut it into small slices...whether he's thinking there will be a little left over I have no idea! I have pastry left so intend to make another tomorrow anyway.

The cake tins were empty so this afternoon I put together a coffee and walnut cake. And that has just about been it.





By the way...I shamelessly licked the bowl out!

I'm keeping our tea simple and we are having garlic mushrooms (we had leftover beef stew for lunch). 

Tomorrow we will be celebrating youngest grandsons birthday...thinking a rocket cake will be part of the goings on.


Blessings, J. x

8 comments:

  1. Your coffee and walnut cake looks so good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do we feel the need to fill every moment, get things done now, today, we were programmed when working, do it now, you won't ever get bored because something else will claim your time. When I was working my house was cleaner, but heck no one has noticed, list have been made, but not rushed. I do hope you enjoyed your cake, it does look brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...the need to feel not perfect but not lazy in others eyes...others whose business is not to mind our business. The cake is just a chuck it all in the mixer and hope for the best mix!

      Delete
  3. It seems to go against the grain when you're programmed to work all the time, but rest really is the quickest way to recover. I struggle to slow down too. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walnuts aside (evil!), that cake looks delicious.
    It's so good to hear you're taking your own advice and taking things slower. It's the time of year when we should all be hibernating. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I could tempt you with a pecan instead?! Yes hibernations seems the best bet. xx

      Delete