Wednesday 14 August 2024

Rolling Down The Hill

Well rolling down the hill is just what life feels like right now…and it’s getting faster, sometimes scarier and hopefully with much laughter and love along the way.

Work continues to dominate, though in fact I now only do three days a week however these have been coupled with a few bouts of extra training as I have started my new role within the NHS plus our personal business paperwork so there has been much to keep me out of mischief.

Happily our honeysuckle repeat flowered so what I feared was a case of missing the boat in fact has become more opportunity to make honeysuckle cordial which I must say last Winter was the only thing that managed to quell hubbys cough! Quite a relief for both of us as it was disturbing both of our sleep.

I am looking forward in a few weeks to having a week off too, though I shall be happy to be home and begin the task of cosying up…you know what I mean…kind of an Autumn clean, thicker throws, fresh washed windows, de-cobwebbing the beams, and this cottage has rather a lot of both webs and beams at the moment!

Our day dawned wet this morning and was much slower to improve than anticipated, however now the sun is shining, though it looks rather blustery. Good enough for the entire washing line to be used up and I must  away up the garden path shortly to pick the next load of peas, beans and tomatoes. Of course after that comes the processing of said harvest! But that will be another story.


And I forgot to mention the carrots…we weren’t even sure they could have been of this Earth!

Blessings, J. x

4 comments:

  1. Those carrots are quite remarkable! I've also been thinking ahead to autumn, recently. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it is that time of year…crazy carrots!! X

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking ahead, I also got loads of half priced seeds for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you bagged some bargains…not been the best gardening season ever though has it. x

      Delete