Wednesday 11 September 2019

Coming Soon...

Summer...we had a Summer? Must have missed that one...Autumn has certainly arrived and with it an urgency to pick and preserve nature’s bounty. I also have begun to have Henry once a week as daughter heads back to work part time. What a joy...this week I am on holiday and had him yesterday for the first time. Usually I work Tuesday afternoon/evening and will have to hand him over after lunch to my other daughter. I’m presently number crunching to see if I can give up my Tuesday shift...he will be young for such a short while so why would I want to give up my time with him. He is hopefully going to become a big brother in early February! He’ll be a little under 17 months...goodness, daughter will have her hands full!
~
Lots has been happening here at Little Winter, the pig house roof...AKA the utility has been re-roofed with the original pan tiles...hopefully keeping the inside much cleaner. 
The water wheel is up and pond and stream are coming along...I can’t claim finished because they are not by a long way. Hubby has agreed that come Winter we will put our lovely greenhouse up in the vegetable garden...poor thing has been in storage for around eight years.
~
We have had satellite broadband installed as fibre was useless and regular was as well. I can’t say that it is amazing, however it has been a definite improvement. My work life balance has been so out of kilter this Summer...I have however been keeping the tax man happy...Yes number crunching needs to happen...I sometimes think I am working for nothing as I can easily miss things on hubby’s paperwork that end up costing us more in the long run. I just feel good bringing home enough to cover the mortgage however it’s time to be realistic.
~
We have a new addition to the family...Arthur...Arthur is a budgie who came to us in rather unusual circumstances a few months ago...he has however settled in remarkably well and has learnt some interesting phrases...Love you....usually followed by Grumpy git! Wonder who he learnt that from...hides face grinning...You ok and you alright Arthur, good boy, kissy kissy xxx are more of his chirpings. Not sure if he talked in his past life but he seems to just say what I do.
~
The weather is really not conducive to hunting the hedges for tasty treats...I am bound for some fun with a friend today instead. We are both working ladies and time off at the same moment rarely occurs. Hopefully I will at least amble down the lane later with Heidi and pocket some more fallen hazelnuts. Right now the thought of a hot cup of tea beckons and I shall then do some long overdue catching up on favourite blogs.
Blessings J. x

4 comments:

  1. Hello.....oh it's so lovely to see a post from you today. I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you are.
    Congratulations on the coming baby and hello to your new feathered friend who sounds a right character.
    Have a lovely day today.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see a catch-up post from you, sounds like a busy time.
    My two eldest are 17 months apart - it was HARD WORK and I was at home full time, often felt I was walking a tightrope.
    I have grandchild number 4 due January there will be 21 months between Willow and new baby so DiL will be busy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy, happy times at your house! It will be wonderful to have a new grand baby in the family. Hope you can juggle your schedule to have more time with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so lovely to see you are posting again, although it does sound like you've been kept rather busy elsewhere lately. Summer seemed to pass through quickly this year, I hope that doesn't mean we're in for some long and wet winter months.
    Congratulations to all the family on the impending arrival. X

    ReplyDelete