Monday 20 January 2020

Many Times

Many times dear readers I have written blog posts in my head
Whilst trying unsuccessfully to sleep, or out dog walking,
Or washing the dishes, or folding laundry.
Somehow the time just never was quite right.
There was much sadness in my heart when next door accepted another offer on the house,
Meaning daughter and son in laws' dreams were dashed.
I tried so hard to cheer daughter up by suggesting that they install a woodturner where they live now.
This worked to a degree, and few weeks ago they did indeed purchase a woodturner...
~
Some time before Christmas I happened to be home when a gentleman arrived next door,
He looked very much like a surveyor...and he was there for over two and a half hours...
We hoped that he would find plenty that the prospective owners would not be happy with,
However the days went by, Christmas came and went and still the sale remained agreed.
We reached New Year, and the Saturday afterwards I was working, daughter and Henry were at ours,
For son in law and hubby were going to install the flue...a very messy task.
When I arrived home hubby was back at ours...what could have gone wrong...
Well it appears that they had just finished making the hole for the flue through the cavity wall,
When daughter had phoned them to check how they were doing...
She had received a telephone call from next door's estate agent to say that the sale had fallen through
And were they still interested...
~
Cue some groaning...a big mess to clean up...
And a wait to ensure the buyers had definitely backed out 
Finally on the Wednesday afternoon it was agreed...
They were going back on the market
And were being given two to three months to sell their house...
On the Saturday they went back on the market with a new estate agent...
On the Monday morning a visit from said agent to look around and learn about the property...
Then late on the Monday a call from the previous agent...their chain was back in business...
Apart from the original non cash cash buyer...albeit at a lower offer...
Tense hours as they just could not afford to accept the lower offer...
Then Tuesday afternoon it was all falling into place...back to the original offer
Agreed...
Apparently everyone in the chain wants a quick move,
However it appears that our neighbour who lost out on a house has nowhere in mind...
We are hoping feverently that she will find temporary accommodation if necessary.
Fingers crossed now that no more hitches occur, large or small...
Baby is due in less than three weeks...just how did the time fly so fast
And daughter took a bump out on the ice on Saturday...
Landing on her hands and knees.
~
I am currently on sick leave...and have been for over a week already...
My back had been niggling me since the beginning of December...
Work and a good dose of stress combined...
But then one evening whilst seeing my last client ... ouch
It went completely...I could barely get in my car...
And when I arrived home I could not get out of the darn thing...
I have been given some hefty pain management, and something to reduce inflammation...
I can honestly say that having a baby would have been preferable...
At least it would have been for something...
I am at the stage now where I can walk around a little more...
And I'd say I am in pain rather than agony...
I'm due back to work next Monday.
~
An unexpected symptom of the bad back has been weight gain...
My medication requires me to eat well...but too little exercise soon begins to tell.
Hubby and I ventured out with Heidi along the flattest route from our house yesterday afternoon.
It was such a beautiful day, and we took it slowly.
It had been minus 6 in our garden when I rose yesterday morning,
And minus 5.5 this morning...though I believe that it had been even colder in the dead of night.
I saw a few catkins out and some tiny white blossom...white thorn?
Then it was back home and more rest with a really hot hot water bottle.
~
My tablets are such that they leave me very disorientated and sleepy
In fact I slept so much last week I could hardly believe it!
However it has done me much good...
I had worked so many extra shifts over Christmas and New Year...
And have now gained absolutely nothing apart from a bad back
Will I ever learn?
~
I am hoping to stay awake long enough today to catch up on the blogs I follow,
So many times I have opened blogger only for my eyes to close almost immediately!
I am becoming increasingly disappointed with my camera and have hardly taken any pictures of late
I really would like to upgrade...but it all comes at a cost
Can I justify this expense when we want to be starting to build our extension...
On the other hand it would be lovely to be able to have a visual memory of all the workings.
Dilemmas indeed!!
~
I sincerely hope you all had a happy and healthy Christmas and New Year...
Having not had the time then for anything but work and sleep I did not indulge in blog reading...
However today could hopefully be the day I do...
~
Blessings J. x



4 comments:

  1. Dear Jackie, you really have been having a turbulent time of late. I really hope that this time things work our for your daughter's house move, thank goodness they found out before too much work had been completed fitting the wood burner.
    I hope, too, that your back soon settles down and that you will begin to feel much more comfortable. It's good you managed a gentle walk, especially as the weather was so lovely yesterday.
    I haven't had chance to reply to comments on my post yet (I read and comment on my phone but prefer to reply to comments using my laptop), but just to say I don't use a camera, just my phone. And no, it's not one of those, but a relatively inexpensive one that I've owned for three years now. The photos automatically back up to my google cloud which makes them very easy to post on the blog. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jules...lovely to hear from you...then it must be your incredible photography skills that make for such lovely pictures! I'm hoping to have another little stroll with Heidi today. It has been very cold and crisp again. No washing to do as all the pipes are frozen...ah well...small problems! I too use my phone, though we used to have a lovely SLR camera...I found it too awkard to carry around all the time. Jackie xx

      Delete
  2. Oh Jackie....I have been hoping that somehow the house would eventually become your daughters. Everything is crossed for a good outcome this time.

    Now to you young lady :) What have you been doing at yourself eh? I'm so sorry to hear about your back. I have been there, done that and have all the souveniers so I can understand how bloody painful it is. I hope it heals soon for you.

    Sending lots of hugs and good wishes for 2020-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Sheila...it's been a day or two since anyone referred to me as 'young lady'! Well I know...maybe perhaps I've overdone things a tad...and stress is a real strain on our bodies too. Consider here and now that I have learnt my lesson in rather a painful way. When the new rota comes out I shall not be filling in too many of the blanks if any. Just popping out for a short stroll with Heidi before I seize up completely! Love & hugs to you and yours. xx

      Delete