Tuesday 28 January 2020

Going With The Flow


So this morning has been very dark...almost like night it was so overcast. We have had much hail, and I did not appreciate having to venture out not once but twice to restart our errant boiler...yes the saga continues. However noticing that my mood has been taking a downward route these past few days...well I'm blaming the pain...I decided to embrace what I'd been given instead of lamenting it. A few photos taken this morning of our still Winter decoration clad cottage...






I have had my full dose of pain relief this morning, having gone without much of it yesterday in an effort not to feel so sick and dizzy...all it appeared to accomplish though was me being so tensed up with pain that I ended up with a massive headache...so back to the side effects again! 
~
The wind is whistling in an almost alarming manner around our old cottage...I have ventured up to the wash house and put in a load of washing. Heidi is not keen on venturing out in such a raw climate and I can't say as that I blame her in the slightest. We may take a swift turn up the road later, but on the other hand we may not. Can't think getting sick on top of this would be a whole lot of fun.
~
I am very thankful that I own a cordless vacuum. It is a godsend that I can still use it with care. So quickly does our home become littered with pieces of log and dog hair. This afternoon if the internet will stay on for long enough and my head will clear a little I shall attempt at least a small amount of paperwork. Sadly for us there is no one else to do it. Sick notes do not count!
~
I'm feeling rather sorry for my husband today...I don't know what exactly he is doing but I do know for sure that he is not holed up in some warm office. I brought down a chicken from the freezer and with extra cooking time it will do just fine in the Aga for our tea. Lots of lovely veg and bread sauce...yum.
~
Well after visiting the Doctor on Friday and getting signed off again I have self referred to physio. This morning I took the call and all being well I'll have my first appointment tomorrow. Lets hope it does some good. Hope you are all keeping safe and warm, wherever you are...

Blessings. J. x





6 comments:

  1. It would be even more lovely to be hunkered down in your delightfully cosy cottage were it not for your pain and nausea. I hope your physiotherapy appointment goes well and you will soon be on the road to recovery. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely cosy photos Jackie. I have the ornament of the three stags but without the holes for tealights. It stays out all year as I love it so much and it goes very well with the decor in the living room.

    I do hope the physio can get you healed and well again before long.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila. I have not seen the stag ornament without holes...oohhh my what if I do?! A double delight or a step too far!! I also intend for it to stay out all year...stags are not just for Christmas after all. x

      Delete
  3. A fine day here today - even a bit of sunshine after heavy rain overnight. Hope you feel better soon and physio works well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh lucky you! We had a couple of minutes sunshine and even a feint rainbow at one point. But most of the day fierce hailstorms have battered us here. x

      Delete