Tuesday 5 January 2021

Running Out Of

So today has dawned bright...it is lovely, however I am feeling a little under the weather, and having been downstairs since 12:30am I'm not up to much at all. My brain is telling me to force my feet into a pair of wellies, and get some much needed vitamin D. My muscles however don't feel quite so keen. A lot of co-workers have been dropping with seasonal ailments, and after a couple of days feeling sick I now ache and have a sore throat. I'm blaming continually getting hot then cold at work. My job entails going indoors and then outside. It has been perishingly cold. Devon knows how to blow a bitter cold wind thet eekes into your very bones and soul.

~

We have deided to leave the festive tree up for now...I am of the persuasion that trees go up sometime on or after the shortest day and stay up until at least twelfth night...however the actual season lasts for 40 days and doesn't end until Candlemas. Now I'm not hopeful that our tree will be looking anything more than a brown stick by then, however it might just last until old twelvey, when we will wassail our apple trees to ensure a bountiful harvest.

~

I have succeeded in keeping the Christmas cake off limits until twelfth night this time, I don't often manage it, however after sunset tonight it will be a case of tuck in! We are organising a family twelfth night quiz for this evening, though I say we it's really me. I am about halfway through setting the questions.

~

Isn't it strange, normally I would be happy to just go out for one walk a day, however as soon as someone says you can only go out for exercise once a day you suddenly have a yearning to do so much more...maybe a quick dash to the postbox...to post off some business cheques will have to suffice if this hankering starts becoming an itch that really needs scratching.

Right, my mind is made up, I am going to venture down the lane, maybe not into the woods, but a little exercise has got to be a good thing. Especially as the title of todays' post is Running Out Of...well that could be anything from patience, hope,  or clarity.

Blessings, J. x


2 comments:

  1. Walking is a good way of coping and getting a bit of headspace isn't it!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete