Friday 8 January 2021

It's Gone

So I know I was hankering after leaving our tree up which appeared to be doing well until Old Twelfth Night, but yesterday I sadly realised that the top had indeed become very dry...as the weather has grown colder, our woodburner has been lit earlier and I suppose this didn't help it, though it did keep us nice and toasty despite not having a working boiler throughout the Christmas period. 

On Wednesday afternoon we did have a visit from the boiler man, who needed to phone technical support who suggested that it most likely would be the magic eye that hubby had already tried...however when the man saw the one that had arrived and not worked he could see that it was not the correct one. The correct one was duly ordered and he was going to return yesterday morning to fit it. Sadly he developed a bout of vertigo and couldn't come. Happily though they let hubby pick it up and fit it himself...and even happier news it worked...we have hot water and heating once more. We can shower in our own home instead of traipsing with wet hair back across the gardens from next door. Best of all for me is the ability to wash the larger dishes and pans in enough hot water to get them clean...boiling the small kettle it not really sufficient in one go, and carrying the kettle in from the woodburner is heavy and time consuming to reheat.

I think our temperature is currently minus 1.9. It is very grey and not very inspiring. I have much to do on the computer and am intending to put something nice and sedate on the telly to watch whilst beavering away. My back has become weaker over Christmas...I think the culmination of difficulties at work, both physically and mentally and lots of standing around cooking along with not so many walks on inclement days lead to my back woes. 

Though I didn't venture out for a walk yesterday I did on Wednesday and well...




So now I really must get on with my day...with or without a list things need to get done...

Blessings, J. x

2 comments:

  1. Hot water-bliss!! Thank goodness your daughter is only next door for a shower. Hope your back is improving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The back is just about holding out...but I need to be careful thank you. x

      Delete