Monday 8 March 2021

Now

So this blinkin Long Covid thing has been diagnosed and appears to be staying awhile so I guess I'd better get used to it and do what I can and leave the rest.

Being off work is helping...there is no way I could do a shift at the moment...but I can do little bits in the garden which has the added benefit if we're lucky of coming with additional vitamin D. So little by little I have weeded some of the neglected spaces. The fence is now nearly finished between the two cottages and a pear tree and thornless blackberry have been planted...the first of many plants I hope. We do however have a seam of clay in the garden...if I had more strength in my hands at the moment I could form some crockery...however I don't so shan't. Instead I potter (notice the pun!) in the greenhouse and hum to seeds yet to germinate. Placing bubblewrap over a trio of newly planted peonies to protect them from the viscous frosts we are having at the moment makes me feel like a very good parent. I even used the greenhouse to bask in whilst doing the you know...dreaded VAT. More vitamin D and all that has to be a good thing.

The blood tests the nurse took all came back OK, and for that I am grateful...though all is not hunky dory it could be so much worse. Having agreed to trial a Gabapentin type medication to calm my nerve endings  I am now on one three times a day.  I can go slowly up to three three times a day. It would be lovely not to have to. The thinking is that Covid leaves some people with lots of tiny blood clots. Brain fog is something to either laugh about or cry over. I nearly did the latter this morning when I really couldn't remember where the Tesco store was for a time. My attitude to housework has become more relaxed than usual...but if you can't you can't and that is that.

A storm is brewing in the Atlantic, and despite having the children tomorrow I need to make sure things are put in appropriate places. Hopefully my body will allow me to bring in enough logs to last the two days but only time will tell. 

Maybe we did have Covid back last March...and getting it again made it more likely I would suffer afterwards. Whatever the cause I intend to fight and fight hard. Tiredness is never far away, but sleep is often elusive. 

Today I have been grateful for finding the will to try and try again digging a hole big enough to plant the pear tree. Hubby would have done it but I really needed to prove to myself that I could persevere and succeed. I'm also pleased I managed to bake a coffee cake and get a meal on the table of leftover beef and roasties with homemade coleslaw, and an apple, nut and sultana salad.  


 

 

 

Miss Kitty and Wilbur have been given supper and have gone to bed which reminds me...

A bed is waiting for me up the little wooden hill, so for now blessings, J. x



6 comments:

  1. Must be so frustrating but at least you know what's wrong. Sounds like more resting and pottering needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long is in the name for a reason I fear...but I've been assured it will get better, though the fight will not be an easy one. Hope everything goes to plan with moving. x

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry to hear you are suffering with long covid. We all had coronavirus last April and recovered at different speeds and have been left with different problems luckily mostly manageable. Strangely my youngest daughter who you would think would recover best has been left with the most problems and is getting some blood results back today. Keep resting and I really hope you recover completely soon. Hopefully nicer weather will help. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that. I have nerve pains largely in my arms and feet, fatigue,insomnia, memory fog, headaches, some stomach issues...shoulder pains and the feeling of someone pressing screws into my back. Quite the party! Despite that life is good. Hope all is sorted soon for your daughter. x

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling, Jackie. As I know you are not someone who likes to take things easy it must be very frustrating for you, but please make sure you are getting plenty of rest.
    Vitamin D is thin on the ground here today. I hope the weather brightens up soon. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules...I am working on my ability not to always feel guilt if I am not doing something to benefit someone else...I may get very good at it!The wind last night was quite something...x

      Delete