Saturday 15 January 2022

A Touch of Januaryitis


Well it had to happen sooner or later I suppose. We have slowed down a little, having a bit of a breather from finishing the house inside, though a wall and fence between the two patios is going up as I type. I only worked on Monday, having the boys on Tuesday and then trying to catch up on our business bits the rest of the week. My place of work contacted me every day trying to get me to work which really messed with my head. Yes the extra money would be useful, however I needed to get out bills with a far greater monetary value than what I would have been gaining. Plus I'm absoultely knackered, so I'm afraid on all occasions it was a no from me. Now Saturday has arrived and I can really tell it is January. Despite a trip to the beach which was glorious yesterday afternoon. I could have spent much longer there, however we hadn't checked the tide times and youngests' dog doesn't like getting her little Beagle paws wet.



















One wave that arrived rather took me by surprise, and I was lucky to stay upright as the sand slipped away from beneath my boots. Youngest ended up with a wellie full of sea water. It was sunny,  and reasonably warm feeling despite the actual temperature, whereas today has up until now been as dull as ditch water and feels much colder despite the thermometer saying it is warmer. I say up until now as the sun has just shyly put in an appearance.

So what is a girl to do...feeling a bit meh and with no place to go. Well I have been making a lardy cake. It is currently in the Aga...and I cannot wait to tuck in to it's squidgy loveliness later this afternoon.



Two small boys have paid me a visit this afternoon...first the youngest followed by his Mother, then the eldest...then I felt sorry for the men and took them out some tea and cake...so all that remains is this!



I fear it is hello indigestion for me though!

Right...yarn and needles are at the ready...I'm knitting myself a snood...for shopping trips where I need to mask on off on off kind of thing! 

Blessings, J. x
























No comments:

Post a Comment