Friday 6 May 2022

Drizzle

Well despite the drizzle I have pegged out again today. It may clear out later, then again it may not. Either way I made my decision and have no desire at the moment to drag the wet washing back inside. Today I am on a bit of a house cleaning mission. It never ceases to amaze me just how much care and attention a house needs on a daily, weekly, monthly and intermittant basis. But hey what better way to spend a day than loving our home!! I'm rather hoping for some spells of warm sunshine over the weekend so I can drift off outside and do some gardening. 

Anyway this week has been a mixed bag. Wednesday being the worst day. I had accidently put my name down to work, and hadn't realised, so when work called early had a nasty shock. They decided they could cope without me, though I was quite frankly an emotional mess for most of the day. It happens reasonably often but it had never happened to me before. For some reason, however it happened,  I thought I was working this Saturday, but am not...anyway tis been and gone now. That afternoon our washing machine door couldn't have shut properly, and shouldn't have started but did. And I didn't venture out into the passage until I thought the cycle would be finished...there was water pouring out of the door. If that wasn't enough I managed to break one of our dinner plates in the evening. It smashed from here to Kingdom Come. I was glad to get into bed that night for sure. Even though I knew I had an early start at work yesterday. Threes, yes things really do come in threes.

Yesterday after work I was basically fit for nothing and just ventured up to sit a while in the garden with a mug of tea. I soaked up the fresh air and gentle sounds.







It is a pity it is not so sunny today, but if it was I shouldn't want to be inside cleaning. I am waiting for the Dyson to recharge before zooming around a bit more.  Not sure why I chose to photograph the tiniest of lilac blooms, but hey it's still pretty and makes my heart sing.

Sadly it doesn't look as though we will be harvesting any plums again this year despite trying to protect the blossom from the really cold winds back along. The ghooster pear tree though does have babies on it, so I hope the June drop isn't too thorough this year. The cold did for the wisteria also, and many buds have dried up ready to drop off. Poor thing.

I have managed to fit in a spot of painting of the dining room. In a colour like I originally wanted. The orange was just a step too far...however the good news is we have plenty of orange paint for making some wooden pumpkins in the Autumn! The eggshell finish was also a bad idea. We are going mat Earth Glaze 4. Final answer!! To be revealed upon completion. (insert smiley face).

A cake has been baked, and a cottage pie is under construction. I'm about done then for the day and may gaze at the insides of my eyelids for a short while.

Blessings, J. x



No comments:

Post a Comment