Wednesday 22 February 2023

Trepadation

A couple of weeks ago building control visited to inspect our works...we needed to do a couple of things...tiny things really. Yesterday morning he returned.

One thing was paint a small section of brown sewer pipe black to prevent UV rays degrading it. We had been unable to source a black joint anywhere, and were going to paint it anyway.

We also needed to add a small amount of cement to the very top of our our gable.

Our sash bedroom windows needed the side restrictor trims shortening. Despite being assured by the manufacturer that they were building regulation compliant, they have now just passed but had not been fitted in a manner that ensured correct window opening area. 

However we do need to get a certificate for our boiler as it has been moved. An oversight on our part, though not hopefully a problem. Our plumber has been to see the boiler since it was moved. I am on the case!

Waiting for †he predicted/not predicted colder weather to return and hoping to keep lovely and warm in our cosy cottage. Well when not at work obviously.

I have returned to work post Covid-19 though I must say that though not pleasant the Covid infection was a doddle compared to an abscess I have been battling with. When I came down with Covid a small spot I had had since Christmas kind of grew at an alarming rate. A photo was sent to the doctor and I was ordered to take antibiotic right away. Unfortunately my system really didn't cope with these particular antibiotics so after three very miserable days I was prescribed an alternative. The consensus of opinion is that I have had this infection going around my body since Christmas and the headaches and general un-wellness has been attributed to it. The addition of the Covid virus was just too much for my immunity to cope with and so then the bacteria multiplied at an alarming rate. The infection may need to be cut out but I have had some relief as it started to weep then expel a lot of rather revolting mush on Sunday evening. The relief and easing of pain was very appreciated. Rather perturbed that I now have a hole but I suppose that's natures way of ensuring the wound is able to clean itself.

Apologies if you were about to or have just eaten!

I have agreed to babysit the little people on Saturday evening. They and their parents are rather hoping for their first ever sleepover together.  I have to tidy up the Christmas decorations in the spare room and get hubby to put them into the loft, minus any lights we may need for the wedding. I took a quick look in our smallest room also known at the moment as the room of doom. One bag of unwanted items has been removed. I need to do some each day. I will get there!

Something is happening today that I kind of need my birth certificate for...of course I cannot find the folder it is in...I am hoping my expired passport will suffice as I only need my birth certificate if I don't have a passport. More reasons to sort out the room of doom! Actually having just checked online, my expired passport will definitely not suffice, I just hope I have cobbled together enough evidence to prove I am who I am. 

On a more cheery note...




Sat on our living room window ledge...some Spring in a trough!

Blessings, J. x



2 comments:

  1. Your Spring in a trough is beautiful and way way ahead of anything here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WintersEndRambler22 March 2023 at 15:11

      Sadly blogger is hiding some comments from me...yours included. Belated thank you! x

      Delete