Friday 24 February 2023

List Time

Spring may be showing signs of attending the party fairly soon, however today has dawned as dull as ditch-water. The little people have been dropped off for their day of fun at pre-school. I have made myself a list. Rather a long one, but happily things are being crossed off fairly rapidly. The VAT, and billing elements will obviously take much longer. Arthur the budgie is tweeting happily in his cleaned cage, the fire is lit, I know what we'll be eating for tea, and the dishes are draining. Next up will be a quick hoover of downstairs before I really must get comfy with the computer opened up to our accounting software.

I have been accepted, if all my checks are in order to join the bank staff at our local hospital. There have been many many forms to fill in, and I am kind of nervous excited. The shifts are mainly long ones, twelve and a half hours, but I know you can also do half shifts. I'll just have to wait and see how I like the work and the work likes me before deciding how many shifts I want to do.

It really looks as though if anything falls from the sky it would be snow. I am so very grateful for the warmth emanating from the woodburner. Oh and a mug of hot tea, though I'm still not fully back to enjoying my tea and coffee since having the cyst/abscess infection. There is a chance that though some of the infection has exited my body there is still a mass deeper which could be tracking to a new area. How gross. It's just a case of wait and see at the moment. 

Our cats, well at the moment it has only been Wilbur I've caught red handed, have been committing murder on a to me rather uncomfortable scale. Feathers have been found and I really don't like it. Collars of shame are now being worn by both cats. They are brightly coloured, and have reflective discs sewn on to them and with the addition of bells they are supposed to increase the chance of birds seeing or hearing danger before it's too late. I am doing my best. I know it's what cats do and there is absolutely no point in me getting cross with them, but still, R.I.P. little feathered friends.


Kitty sporting her new collar...bee stripes, Wilbur's is much more colourful!

Blessings, J. x

6 comments:

  1. Let's hope they work. Ours is far more of a mouser and shows no interest in the feeders, but I don't have nest boxes because I want to give the birds the best chance of breeding successfully and he does occasionally catch one sadly. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WintersEndRambler1 March 2023 at 10:45

      So far i have found no further fatalities on the patio. Hopefully the collars were a wise spend. x

      Delete
  2. I'm chuckling at the collars of shame, but I agree, it is never nice to find feathers. One time, Mog managed to bring a blackbird in through the cat flap. It was completely fine and flew straight back out again. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WintersEndRambler1 March 2023 at 10:47

      Our children have renamed Wilbur Twat Cat...he looks like he's escaped from a circus! x

      Delete
  3. Our littlest cat was a demon bird catcher ... we kept upping the 'anti-bird' catching bells etc but discovered she would tuck her chin on them to silence them as she hunted. So in the end, when she went out into the garden she wore a cat harness with bells on her back - that sorted the bird hunting but she turned her talents (!) to mouse catching.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WintersEndRambler1 March 2023 at 10:48

      They are cleverer than we give them credit for. I shall bear that idea in mind should the collars begin to lose their magical powers! x

      Delete