Wednesday 1 February 2023

To The Wheel Of The Year

Imbolc is upon us. Candlemas tomorrow. Well today after dark I suppose. Time keeps a turning no matter what is going on in the World. 

Yesterday I mixed up some Christmas puddings. Using up part of a crusty loaf of bread I had made and we hadn't eaten. I usually make rolls for this reason. Freezing them in twos. Anyway, me and him who does are rather partial to a spoonful of Christmas pudding in the depths of Winter, and so mini delicious concoctions have been steamed in a very large pan in the Aga oven. I always freeze them to be on the safe side with keeping them as we don't like ours over-boiled. I only have eight of the smallest size of pudding basin, so had to utilise my eight ramekins also and one Weck jar with sides that will allow for the removal of the pudding. That one has been transferred to atop the woodburner and will be for us tonight after scoffing some lamb chops. It's not all bad here you know.

The headache is improving slowly. Can't quite believe how it can still be so sore, and if I move around too much or too quickly I get soundly reminded that it's not far away and could come back unless I behave. I made myself take a short walk in the afternoon loveliness though. I'm sure the fresh air must have done more good than harm.

Headache remnants or no I intend to raise a glass to the Wheel Of The Year this evening. What a magnificent and powerful thing it is. Certainly deserves a whiff of sherry or something raised in its honour!



That's enough for sixteen more yummy puddings...


And so to Imbolc, and Candlemass...

Blessings, J. x


6 comments:

  1. Imbolc blessings and gentle 'get-better' wishes for the six nations headache xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WintersEndRambker2 February 2023 at 08:51

      Thank you. Gently does it me thinks, though I'm beginning to feel like a prize prune for feeling yuck for so long. x

      Delete
  2. My mum always made our Christmas puddings, which had to be stored for one year before eating, I have said to hubby I should start making them, but it's only the two of us who eat puddings, Hope you continue to feel better, and get stronger. As for 6 Nations, I loose my Welsh hubby for the duration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WintersEndRambler2 February 2023 at 14:28

      I think your mother was being very sensible. I fear hubby may get a little over excited during some of the six nations matches!

      Delete
  3. Belated Imbolc blessing my dear. Spring is getting closer each passing day. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WintersEndRambler6 February 2023 at 20:26

      Thank you kindly Jules! Yes Spring is certainly beginning to spring forth. x

      Delete