Monday 10 February 2020

And She Blew!

Mother Nature I am of course refering to. No sign of grandchild number two yet!
As Daddy in waiting has gone to skittles as well as Grumpy in waiting I've been in touch via text message to Mummy in waiting to check all is well. Apparently, Henry is asleep, the dog is asleep, the cat is asleep, Mummy in waiting is nearly asleep, but the baby still to be born is awake. 
I have assured her that I shall wait up until I know Daddy in waiting is home with her just in case anything happens that requires her to be taken in haste to the hospital. Or indeed if kettles need to be boiled, and towels passed! I should not jest for he weather is dreadful. We have had very strong winds since Saturday evening with no let up. Tomorrow is to be the same. I have fairly thick lined curtains at my living room windows and door, but my goodness I can hear the wind whistling around the cottage tonight. I think it wants to come in...either down the chimney or via any means possible.
Hailstones...when they come they hit hard against the kitchen window and door. I pity any man or beast out in such vile weather. Mother Nature is certainly letting us see her fury in full glory and I find it both beautiful and alarming at the same time. Yesterday we had two lengthy powercuts, and our internet was barely existant. It is far too windy for our satellite to function properly so I am tethering to my phone and grateful for the unusual luxury of two whole bars of signal whilst inside the cottage. I daren't let on that I have two bars or it will probably vanish!
Anyway I leave you on this wild February evening with some photos of yesterdays attempt at baking. There was no roast to be had at Little Winter yesterday. Instead, flans leftover from Saturday, some bread rolls and chelsea buns made their way to our table.



 Hot fresh from the Aga



 Ready for the table



Part mix of Chelsea buns

~
Blessings J. x

4 comments:

  1. That little baby knows where it is best off for the moment....lol.

    I must admit the force of the wind and rain yesterday really frightened me. The noise was horrendous.

    Your bread rolls look amazing. I can just imagine having those with some vintage cheddar and some homemade pickled onions. We didn't have a roast either as we had been out babysitting.....ham and salad which really didn't hit the spot at all :(
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean...on both counts...the rain couldn’t have hit any harder yesterday and Sunday without a roast just isn’t the same somehow! x

      Delete
  2. Your baking looks delicious, Jackie. On days when the weather is this miserable I'm quite content to be cocooned in my kitchen. X

    ReplyDelete