Wednesday 5 February 2020

Taking Care of Oneself

I've heard it said many a time...carers are notoriously bad at taking care of themselves...and so here I find myself resigning to the fact that I shall be off sick for another two weeks. I am determined to get much better in this time. The exercises I have been given to do today...and four times each day hopefully will see my strength improve in the area which is needed to support my back. Apparently I cannot hope to see any benefit for at least two to three weeks...I am going to be doing these exercises religiously...and some! I walked Heidi late morning and then took another short walk after lunch...sans Heidi as she is a one walk a day doggie! The exercises I was given by the physio last week were purely to aid pain relief and calm things down a bit. Today's are likely to stir things up a little...but I am so ready.  
~
The weather has been truly glorious today...which certainly makes for activities such as walking far more pleasant...I shall be mindful of being active even on bad weather days...I'm mentally ready to go back to work...but common sense has to decree that recovery will take much longer if I go back too soon. I'm done with acute pain thank you very much.
~
Plants and bulbs in our garden have begun popping up through the earth at a rate of knots these past few days. I saw my first small patch of snowdrops down the lane the other day...We don't have any of these little beauties in our garden...however I truly hope that one day we will.
 


Blessings, J. x




















6 comments:

  1. So lovely to see the seasons shifting....saw my first lot of crocuses yesterday. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...and the nights are beginning to pull out...x

      Delete
  2. I don't envy you those excercises. I remember them well. They do work eventually but oh my goodness they hurt.
    Even I.....a Winter girl at heart.....am enjoying seeing signs of Spring now. Things popping up in the garden and the odd day of lovely sunshine. So ready for the brighter days to come.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha yes they have certainly done that today...even my stomach muscles have joined in with the groaning!
      I really needed today’s sunshine...just wish I was stronger to start tidying up outside. X

      Delete
  3. I hope you soon begin to feel an improvement.
    It gladdens the heart to see these early signs of spring and the recent bright days have been most welcome. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a slow journey I fear.
      Yes we have had a couple days of beautiful weather. However this afternoon the skies darkened. Tomorrow morning we are promised fine weather however as for much of the country it will be time to batten down the hatches later. x

      Delete