Friday 28 February 2020

Friday

Well through total lack of inspiration...Friday it is for a title!
Not that life has been boring or anything...far from it in fact.
Hectic maybe should have been up there in the bright lights.
Poor old Heidi has been suffering from what we hope is just a UTI...
Cue visit to the vets...and smoke eminating from my purse...
She has almost completed her ten days of treatment.
However her recovery does not appear complete...
She is perfectly able to romp with her younger friends in the woods,
Albeit not for as long...
Her appetite has not diminished...however she is still passing very strong smelling wee,
And does not always have control of this function.
She was whimpering the other afternoon whilst just lying on the floor...
She had wet herself.
Poor Heidi...she is having a dose of anti-inflamatory every day.
Her treat tin has magically filled...guilt...compassion...hope...call it what you will...
I hope it is not time to say goodbye just yet...not when she is so able to enjoy such fun with friends.
~
Other news is that young Oscar is doing well.
Daddy has a few more days of paternity leave, so as far as they are able they have been self sufficient.
That's not to say they haven't visited, or I them...just not as much as I usually see my daughter when she is home.
Their move seems to be progressing...we are guessing the end of March potentially.
I have been collecting some of the empty pad boxes from work. for their packing..any carer will understand the value of an empty pad box!
I have returned to work...but am only doing my regular shifts which basically amount to two days one week, and three the next. This is just about copeable for my back which is still in recovery.
Currently a hot water bottle is bringing some relief...for everything else I am having a weekly massage.
The weather can at best only be described as dull...uninspiring...and downright miserable...
I have a house to clean...my own!
Sonshine and his girl are arriving this evening for the weekend...
They will not wish to sleep under the Christmas decorations currently adorning the spare bed...
Rolls and cakes need baking...and washing needs...well washing...I've tackled the bathroom...
The kitchen is half done...well a small half...however yesterday I bleached all the cups and teaspoons...I mean a really thorough clean after six weeks of inactivity.
That's what I miss about not having a dishwasher...tea stains are a real pain!
Unfortunately todays walk looks like it will be a quick well wrapped up soggy nip down the lane, rather than a happy amble through the woods, however yesterday was beautiful...
I shall leave you with some happy photos of yesterday...






 
Blessings, J. x
 

4 comments:

  1. Hugs and snuggles for Miss Heidi. Poor little girl.

    Good to hear that you are getting back to normal with regards your back but take it steady....they are such fickle things are backs.

    Beautiful pics of the sunshine. I just wish we could have more than one day at a time. A week or so of some bright and dry days would lift us all I think.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila...I have passed the hugs onto Heidi.
      Actually my back hasn’t been so good after my last work shift...hoping three days off will be enough to get me through. x

      Delete
  2. It's so lovely to see some sunshine, no matter how fleeting and your photographs capture it beautifully.
    I'm sorry Heidi is struggling at the moment, although I'm sure she's appreciating the extra treats. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules...it was such a lovely day...unlike today with its frequent hail storms. Heidi is certainly getting a full quota of love...x

      Delete