Monday 17 February 2020

My Turn

Hello...Heidi here...you know, I of the four paw variety!
Mum has been a little preoccupied of late what with eldest being VERY OVERDUE!
The weather has not been condusive to venturing out on long woodland walks, huff.
Instead we have been braving a quick trot down the lane for me to do my 'business'.
I do so like to do my business off the premesies...though Mum insists on picking it up and bringing it home with us...how disgusting are humans!
Mum called me stupid as I was lying with my back against the Aga keeping warm whilst panting.
Doesn't she know just how good it feels with the warmth of the Aga against a furry back...
Actually I'm sure she doesn't have a furry back so she wouldn't would she.
How I long for sunnier days when we take a picnic down to the woods and rest a while for snacks.
I get to bathe in the cool clear stream waters and then shake myself off close to Mum.
Oh how I am loved!
Mum has been home from a place called work for the last few weeks. 
She says she's going back at the end of the week and I know I shall miss her company.
She has also been doing lots of baking whilst home and I get little tid bits by fair means or foul.
I like it when she bakes...the cottage smells lovely.
I like it when young Henry comes too.
I sit very close to his chair, and sometimes he throws food to me.
My Mum gets cross with me, but it's Henry that does it not me so that's not fair.
Still it's not a bad life to be had here.
Mum is very kind when I have something called an accident.
She washes my bottom and tail and dries me in a towel.
Though sometimes she lets out a noise like this....SIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHH.
Anyway, I need a little snooze now.
I am nearly 10 you know, which is apparently something called a 'good age' for a Newfie.

Paws,
Heidi. x

4 comments:

  1. Hello gorgeous girl :)
    It won't be too long now until you are going on your picnics Meanwhile I think the Aga snuggling is the best thing to be doing.
    Give my love to your Mum.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I shall do...once I've rested a while longer! x

      Delete
  2. She's a wise dog snuggling up to the Aga. Arilx

    ReplyDelete