Saturday 12 December 2020

When Blood Runs Cold

 Life has been nothing if not fraught with sadness and angst for various people we know in the past few weeks...

Work has not been easy either...

An incident on Thursday evening has left me reeling and having flashbacks of some things that happened where I worked with adults with learning disabilities a few years ago. I did not personally witness the Thursay incident...just got caught up in the aftermath and I'm afraid to say I was like a rabbit caught in headlights...

The power of memories is very strong...and sometimes unwelcome...

I could not think straight...I have been shaking...

My pulse is normally around 62...it is currently 83...

I am trying to keep myself busy...

And dragged my sorry self down to the woods a short time ago...

I stood in the fast flowing stream...

Willing my horrid memories to flow away with the water...

This stream...


Wearing these wellies...

In these woods...


I feel slightly calmer...hopefully this won't last too long...

Hope you all have peace in your hearts and souls...

Blessings J. x

10 comments:

  1. I am sorry you are having a distressing time. Being outside especially near water is very calming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean...for so;me reason I needed to get into the water...and it worked in calming me slightly. x

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry you've found yourself reliving the trauma, Jackie. I do hope spending some time in nature helped to ease your anxiety. Sending hugs. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it did Jules...good old nature...such a great healer. x

      Delete
  3. I have yellow wellies too! Take carexx Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I joke that if I fall somewhere in the woods they should have no trouble finding me! x

      Delete
  4. The Natural Health Service is a powerful and wonderful thing. I hope you are feeling calmer now, Jackie. Sending hugs. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a little thank you Mrs. T...distancing myself from work on days off helps...and someone we know who was in a coma is now off ventilation though still not responding. Hopefully time will heal him. x

      Delete